Day 2 - Port Klang.

January 08, 2019


It's day 2 and we have arrived at Pork Klang.

It sure feels good to go to sleep and then waking up in another country. And the best part of all, I did not suffer from seasickness at all and I sure hope it stays this way.


As it was technically our first day getting off the ship, we did not know what to expect, so we got up slightly earlier to prepare and then have breakfast.

For breakfast today, we decided to head to Windjammer. Windjammer is a all day international buffet restaurant, which is included in the package. I mean, we could go to the place that we have dinner, but that's just a set menu, we thought it'd be nicer to have choices for breakfast.


After we were done, we proceeded to head out as we had booked a driver and our meeting time was 9am. 

We were honestly expecting a long wait to get off the ship, but seriously, we just breezed out in 2 minutes.

-Scanning of seapass card

And that was it. 

Remember how I told you we had to surrender our passports before boarding yesterday ? Well, I have just learnt that they'd hold on to your passport for the entire journey, do all the necessary checks at every port of entry and that's how you get on and off the ship in a jiffy. All you need is your sea pass card. What an amazing system.

So yes, we made it to Gopi, our hired driver for the day, on time. 

Our main place of interest today was Batu cave and so batu cave we went, but not before stopping by Istana Negara for a quick look.

I mean like, how can you miss this when it cost RM800 million to build ?


Batu caves took us another 20 minutes to get to.

And boy was it stunning. 


Like seriously, if you haven't already been, you need to go. It is beautiful.

Batu caves consists of 272 steps, and yes, we conquered it in just 10 minutes. I would have made it faster if not for my mother, but hey, she deserves a round of applause. 

Well, here are photos of our journey up to the top.










Them monkeys look adorable don't they ? But be warned, they're extremely vicious and will snatch anything that looks like food away from you. We saw this one Indian lady getting attacked by a monkey as she had a Jasmine flower hair tie. Scary much ?

Oh and the other scary thing was the fact the going down, the steps are a little bit steep. Not quite sure why, but I felt a little bit disoriented going down, so you might want to take it slow.

So yes, here is a victory wefie !


Before we left, I quickly got my grand-mother, who was waiting with Gopi in the taxi, to come out and take a few photos. 



How nice it was to get back into the taxi with the blasting air-con. It sure does not feel nice to be drenched in your own perspiration from the scorching hot sun and extreme exercise ( climbing of 272 stairs ). I just hope I don't smell.

Next stop, the Pavilion. 

We had a lunch appointment with my mum's long time friend and she took us to have Teochew cuisine. You see that ? My favorite abacus seed ! 





 We managed to have a quick coffee as well, before heading back to the ship. 

All passengers had to be back on board by half past 5. I have just learnt that if you do not make it back in time, then it's tough luck for you. How frightening is that ? I wonder what happens to your passport ? How do you even get to the next destination ? Oh wells, I don't ever want to have to worry about that.

And that's exactly why we headed back straight to the ship after coffee. Even though it takes about an hour to get to Port Klang from Kuala Lumpur, we gave ourselves an extra hour and a half, just in case of traffic jams and unforeseen circumstances. We were not about to take any chances.

Gopi was found by my mother, after frantically searching online for a driver. He provides an amazing service. If you guys are ever heading into Kuala Lumpur and need a driver, do drop me an email. I can pass you his contact details. 


We managed to get a quick rest before dinner time. 

Frankly speaking, I'd do just fine without dinner. Considering the fact that I don't practice the habit of having breakfast, and I had some today. My lunch time needing to be precisely at 12pm, which didn't happen today. My usual dinner time, if I chose to eat, has to be by 6pm. But you know what ? My eating habits have been completely turned around. So yes, 530 dinner ? Not hungry.

But anyhow, here's what I had for dinner today.

Entree: Escargots cooked in garlic butter.  


Main: Four cheese ravioli.


Dessert: Lemon meringue tart.


You know what ? Having dinner was sinful enough, and what's worst ? I finished the entire tart. It was just that good.

Well, we're now sat the the pool side where they have an open air cinema.


And now, Venom is about to begin.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.