Happy Chinese New Year !

January 31, 2014

恭禧发财, 紅包拿來 !

I wish you all good luck, good health and stay happy !

So for ages now, I've never had to go visiting on Chinese New Year, as my grand-mother is the oldest and everyone comes to visit her. I just have to stay at home and wait for guests to come.

This is my new outfit.


I know how old people dislike the color black, so I made sure that there was a whole load of pink in there !

Usually during Chinese New Year, my grandmother would prepare either mee siam or chicken macaroni. But this year, she decided to make Nonya mee instead. It was good though !

So anyways, the first guests to arrive today, were my godparents and my cousin. They had their brunch, chatted for a little while before leaving.

The next was my grand uncle and aunty. We had lunch with them and then we all cotched on the sofa chatting and watching 'Smurfs'.


The rest of the day was spent eating. I just couldn't stop. My granny prepares ahchar every year to give away and keeps one big bottle for ourselves. And I managed to eat 3/4 of the bottle today. Well, I guess it's pickled vegetable, so how bad can it be huh ?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.