Excuse me, what?

December 19, 2022
Everyday without fail, nearing the end of the day, I'd ask Geraint what are we having for dinner and today was no exception. 

But, today, it was a mutual "I want to eat spring onion day" and there's only one place for that - Shabu sai. In case you are confused, well, my boyf and I share a very weird dipping sauce habit. It's one whole bowl filled with nothing but spring onions, loaded with their dashi soy sauce. I still can't believe I found someone on this planet who eats as weird as I do. We are so made for each other. 

So, anyways, we finished on time today and that meant that we'd get to Orchard central with a comfortable amount of time to eat. Sadly for us, spring onions was not meant for us today. So, there was this one time we went after work and sat down and to our horror, when we walked over to get our spring onions, we were told that they had run out of spring onions. OMG. Apart from the beef, spring onions are like our main dish! And it's not like we could say well, we don't want to dine here anymore as the pot of soup had been already served. We just had to suck it up and make do. Since then, before we even speak to the person at the front desk, we just bypass our way to the condiments section and make sure there is spring onion before anything. 

And so, that's exactly what we did today, and so we knew that there wasn't any spring onions today either. U-turn it was. 

The other place that I quite like at Orchard central is Tanuki raw. Their gyu don is to die for! And besides, it's been quite a while since I last went, so why not. We made our way there and was quite pleased when we didn't see a queue. Got to the counter and was told that they were done for the day. Excuse me, WHAT? Done for the day at half past 8? Wow. Are f&b places closing earlier and earlier or are they just doing extremely well? :o

Well, in the end, we ended up at Marche. 



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.