Day 4 - Bangkok.

January 12, 2020


My eyes, they feel like they've been rubbed with sandpaper.

So, I had about 2, maybe 3 hours worth of sleep, before my alarm went off at 5am. Well, it can't be helped when you only have 1 bathroom between 3 people. Someone has to make the sacrifice ! Teehee.

Made it to breakfast for 7am as we had planned.


Just so you know, I didn't even manage to conquer half the plate because it was way too early for me.

We actually asked our driver if he could come get us at 9am, but he suggested that we start earlier as he was afraid that we would get stuck in traffic. It was nice of him though. He just wanted to make sure we get to have a good day out.

As we didn't really have anything planned out, we told him that we'd leave the places of interest to him, kind of like a surprise.

First stop of the day - Maeklong station.



Well, let's just say, it was worth the trip.

And no, it wasn't a long drive either.

Maeklong market is a traditional Thai market that sells everything from fruits to seafood. What makes the market special ? Well, the market occupies part of a train line and a few times a day, the train passes through it. Vendors would have to make way for the train to pass and as soon as the train passes, the vendors would move their goods back onto the track and continue selling, until the next train arrives again.


We managed to sneak in a cheeky Thai mango sticky rice whilst waiting for the train to arrive.


And when the train finally arrived, it was crazy packed with tourists like us trying to take photos.


But still, it was a great experience.

Next up, was the floating market.

Ages ago, back when I was 13 or 14, we actually had a family trip to Bangkok. I know for sure that we went to the floating market back then as we have photos from the trip, but the weird thing is, I have absolutely no recollection of it.

But yes, today was fun ! We even got to eat Thai boat noodle whilst on the boat !






Our package included a visit to the main market, but we decided that we didn't want to go in the end and the boat driver was really nice and took us to the temple instead, and boy was is gorgeous.





He even bought us 2 huge packets of fish food to feed the fishes. Unfortunately, I couldn't capture them in the photo, but there was tons of fishes and they were huge ones as well !




As soon as we got back into the taxi, I knocked out. That's how tired I was. It was probably one of the most uncomfortable 2 hours cab ride of my life, as the expressway had potholes pretty much the whole way through, but strangely enough, at the same time, it probably rocked me to sleep as well. By the time I opened my eyes, we were back at the dock.

I wasn't hungry in the slightest, but I still did a little bit of food tasting today, as they had all my favorites in the menu !




Now how can I turn down the prawn cocktail, risotto and lemon meringue tart ?

To end our night off, we all went for a walk at the upper deck.





Oh, and tonight's surprise - A bear !


Sigh, so not looking forward to a full day and night of rocking.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.