团圆饭.

January 31, 2022
So, my family is really small, there's only the 3 of us and we're not the biggest of eaters and most of the Chinese new year reunion dinner packages are catered for like 5-8 people. But we figured that we could just eat it for the next few days and so, problem solved.

We shopped around for a while, before deciding on getting the treasure pot. We've never had it before and so we thought it would be nice to try something new for a change.

We decided to get the package from Crystal jade and the set came with a lohei set, the treasure pot, a whole braised duck, glutinous rice with sakura ebi and a carrot cake. It doesn't sound like a lot, but boy were the portions big. Well, I guess we're sorted for the next few days to come as well. 

3 generations.


As we usually don't consume dinner and my granny doesn't eat a lot either, we decided that we'd just have the lohei, which for some reason I have no photo of. I think I must have been too excited and completely forgot to take a photo of it. Along with the treasure pot and the glutinous rice, which was plenty. 



I actually think having reunion dinners at home is so much better. Cosy, comfortable and most important of all, you don't have to gobble down your dinner! 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.