New look.

October 06, 2020

So iOS 14 was released on the 16th of September and it's new features includes a new home screen design, picture in picture amongst other new cool features. The coolest feature of them all are actually the widgets. 


There have been tons and tons of screenshots over the internet of people showing off their new home screen page and to be honest, some of them look amazing. 


Well, I spent about 2 hours on mine last night and this is what my home screen looks like now!



It looks pretty simple, but hey, at the end of the day, it's my phone, my screen and it's dope to me.


I used widgetsmith to create the new look, and unfortunately, though the widgets are fully customizable, the words below the widget cannot be changed, for now anyways. It would be amazing if you could rename the widgets, because at the moment, it's kind of sticking out like a sore thumb. 


I often get asked, why not swap to a Samsung phone. I get told all kinds of reason as to why it is better than an iPhone. 


And so, back in 2014, I actually decided to try the Samsung Note 4. I received it as a birthday present from my mother. It was causing me so much grief that in less than 3 months, I went back to the iPhone. 


First off, I was told that all you had to do was plug your phone into your pc and folders will appear and all you had to do was drag in them songs and photos and what not. Well, guess what? When I plugged in my phone, nothing appeared. I had a few friends help me as well, but they too couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. 


Secondly, you know how these days, before we start eating, our cameras have to eat first? Well, I'm actually such a professional that the moment the dish is left on our table, I would have already taken a photo of that dish and I wouldn't have to make anyone wait. The thing with the Note 4 though, I'd try to open the camera app and the screen would just get stuck. Like WTFBBQ.


The other thing that really annoyed me was how the screen used to jerk due to lag. Can you imagine how much I used to rage when I was playing tsum tsum with that screen lag? 


So yes, it's not like I didn't try. I did and suffered such bad luck that I actually have a phobia. I did however have the thought of getting a second phone just for fun and that phone model that I was thinking of was the Samsung galaxy z flip. It was even more tempting when I received a $500 voucher from Singtel, which would have literally made if free with a recontract. In the end, I decided that I might want the iPhone 12 instead.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.