Crossroads.

October 08, 2020

 The trick to getting a table for 5 at crossroads? 


Make sure you get there just before 12pm. 


They only have 3 tables that can accommodate 5 pax, so once those are given out, good luck on waiting. 


Despite having low or no locally transmitted cases, I'm still paranoid about going out. I said it before and I'll say it again, it only takes 1 sick person. But today, I braved it to go have lunch with Aunty Anu, Regu and his mother as they will be heading back to the UK soon and with this virus ongoing, who knows when we'll next see each other again. 


Although our lunch appointment was for half past 12, we thought it would be better if we went before 12pm to get ourselves a table. True enough, 1 out of the 3 tables for 5 pax was already taken!


So I ordered some mocha whilst waiting.



To be honest, it wasn't very nice to begin with. I was expecting something more chocolatey, and although it looks fairly white, it was quite bitter. So we asked for some syrup, but guess what? They gave me something even better. They gave me tons of chocolate syrup! I usually have a strawberry milkshake, but I didn't fancy having a milkshake before my meal. Teehee.


Read and reread the menu before everyone arrived, just so that I wouldn't keep anyone waiting. There are some days where I know exactly what I want and there are days like this where I find myself annoying. In the end, I settled for the all day breakfast.



And we actually got a complimentary brownie because we gave a feedback.



So, this is what happened. 


My mum was there yesterday as well and she had the hor fun which she found extremely delicious and thought that she'd order it again. Judging by her description, I was really excited and wanted a taste. I put some in my mouth and thought it was pretty good.... that was until the salt hit me. I just thought that maybe there was something wrong with my taste buds. I then had another spoon and realized that it was definitely over salty. I then asked her and she agreed that it was overly salty. So Regu and his mum overheard me, even though I was really quiet, asked what was wrong and I mentioned how I found my mother's main dish overly salty. This was when they both said that their mee goreng and char kway teow was also extremely salty. The best part was, no one said anything until I did! 


So yes, they gave their polite feedback and that was how we ended up with the brownie. 


Don't take this the wrong way though. Crossroads is still one of our favorite places to chill and dine. Everyone has their bad days and perhaps today was the chef's. We've eaten there so many times and each time it was really good!


Have a safe flight back Regu! 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.