Happy mid autumn festival !

October 01, 2020

中秋快乐 ! 


I absolutely love mid autumn festival.


Why you ask?


Well, I'm a huge fan of mooncakes. Not all mooncakes though. Just the traditional baked lotus paste mooncakes. I tried snowskin mooncakes a couple of times, but I just have no love for it. 


As for the traditional mooncakes, I can and I have actually eaten two full mooncakes in a day, all by myself. Yes, that's how much I dig mooncakes. 


Each year, we'd brace ourselves and join in the crowd for the mooncake roadshow at Takashimaya, just so that I can get myself a box of my favorite custard lava mooncake that Hong Kong MX does. Just so you know, that is by far the bestest mooncake I have ever had. It's even better when you put it in the microwave for just 10 seconds. Just thinking of the oozing lava is making me drool. Sigh, sadly I won't be having any oozing mooncakes this year. 


This virus has affected our lives in many ways and one of them being not having roadshows. Well, they had a mini one in the departmental store, but the selection was limited. I had my fingers crossed, in hopes that I'd spot Hong Kong MX, but after scanning for 10 seconds, I was thoroughly disappointed. Oh wells. Maybe next year.


I did however receive mooncakes from Uncle Aaron. 



Thank you Uncle Aaron! I will savour them slowly. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.