Saturday with grand-ma.

August 12, 2018


I have been wanting to take my grand-mother out for a movie for the longest time now, but there wasn't anything out that I felt would interest her. If you've met my grand-mother, you would know that she expressionless. And when I try to ask her what she would like, be it a movie or food or anything for that matter, she would just tell me "anything will do". Perhaps this is where I get my annoying genes from.

And I just realized, our last movie was Wonder woman.

I recently wanted to take her to watch Jurassic park, but unfortunately, I left it too long and the movie screening had ended.

So you know how they play movie trailers on telly and she saw Mamma mia 2 and said that she had wanted to watch that.

And so, that's exactly what we did today.



As our movie was at 1230pm, we had no choice but to have lunch in the cinema. Just so you know, they are having a promotion until the 31st of September, for every ticket purchased, it comes with a free platter of your choice. I remember having the Thai chicken basil rice ages ago and was looking forward to that, sadly though, it has since then been removed from the menu.

After the movie, I asked my grand-mother if she had any other places that she wanted to go and she said since we are already out, why not head over to the Botanic gardens to have a look at the orchid exhibition that my mother mentioned to us. As reluctant as I was, only because I was not dress appropriately for the warm weather, or is warm an under statement ? Anyways, I did take her there. Arrived at the Botanic gardens and felt fairly lost, but we managed to find it in the end.

Moving on, here are photos taken from today.

















Well, apart from the fact that it was boiling hot and it didn't help that I was in long sleeves and also the my grand-mother kept going on about how she could find all these beautiful orchids at the market, which then led to me looking at my brain half the time, we had a really good time. Even though my grand-mother had no expression whatsoever, I know that she enjoyed herself as well.

Before heading home, we had a quick ice cream at the Ben & Jerry's at Dempsey.


I had to quickly rush back home for a quick shower, because I sure as hell wasn't prepared to go out in my sweat drenched clothes.

I had to rush down to Jurong point as I was meeting Alicia and Siong there for dinner. Just so you know, we had dinner at Din tai fung and as odd as it sounds, visuals that I had taken from dinner has mysteriously disappeared from my phone.

After we were done with dinner, we met up with Kenneth and Samantha for a prawning session. Don't ask me why, but I have always enjoyed prawning.

We bought the 3 hour package and only after 2 and a half hours into our time spent there that I was educated by a very friendly uncle that we weren't catching prawns. Apparently we were catching yabbies. I didn't know what a yabby was until today. Thank you friendly uncle, for that enlightenment.

So here is the bucket of our combined efforts.


We had a mini prawn and yabby feast after barbecuing them all and can I just say how fantastic the yabby meat was.

Okay, time to crash.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.