Taiwan 2015 - Day 4.

January 10, 2015


We had already anticipated that we'd all sleep in today seeing as we only went to bed at 4ish.

Kicked off the day with lunch at Cocoichibanya. I'm sure you can guess who requested having lunch there by now. ^.^



Flipped through the menu and knew immediately what I wanted - The mabo tofu curry ! That's one of the only dish that you can't get back in Singapore and it's totally awesome ! I had it for the first time 2 years ago when I brought my granny to Taiwan and I have been craving for it ever since then !


After lunch, we went in search for Jay Chou's cafe thinking it was a coffee place. But when we got there, we realized that it was a restaurant and we just had lunch, so we didn't get a chance to try it out. We then walked in some random cafe whilst waiting for Melvin's friend, Eugene, who was also in Taipei on a company trip.

Whilst waiting, we took wefies !



Shortly after, Eugene arrived. At this point, we still didn't place our orders. We were talking and I remembered that he said that he'd take us to UCC to have coffee'. He mentioned that he was there earlier this morning, but didn't mind taking us there again. So off we went. It kind of reminded me of Starbucks ! Sadly, we couldn't get a a table for 5, so we had a quick drink and left ( like I had to literally gulp my drink down ). I went with Eugene's recommendation of golden sesame milk coffee and boy was it awesome !


We then left and searched for a place where they had a table for 5 so that we could chill. We walked into some random cafe and got led down to the basement where there wasn't any reception !

So as usual, I felt like munching on something and ordered a cheesecake to share.


I also ordered a latte and seeing as it didn't have any coffee art, I decided that I'd do one of my own.


As we ate throughout the day, we weren't feeling that hungry when dinner time came, but we still went ahead with dinner anyways. Shawn took us to the famous Formosa Chang.

Here's what we had between us.



Apart from Miramar entertaiment centre, Raohe night market was also the first time I had visited on my fourth visit to Taipei.

Unfortunately for us, it was a Saturday and it was impossible to walk in there. Well, at least I took a photo at the entrance ?



So anyways, off the top of my head from 5 years ago, I remember visiting a place which resembled a food court, except that every single stall in there sold beef noodles. I was was pretty convinced that it was a Taipei main station yet unsure. Yes, contradicting as it may sound, that's pretty much how I felt.  But we went with my gut feeling and took a taxi there. And guess what ? I was right !

There was a total of 5 stalls so I just let the boys choose which stalls to buy from as we only wanted to share 2 bowls between us.



After satisfying our beef noodle craving, we decided to walk it off. After all, we have been eating non-stop these past few days. We walked back to Ximending with the help of Xiang's gps. You'd laugh if I told you that we still got lost somehow whilst using the gps as a guide, but yeah, it did happen !

On the way back to the hotel, we past by a few push cart stalls selling street food. We kept passing by this stall which sold sweet potato balls which I have been wanting to try. I finally tried it today and have come to realize how much I have been missing out on. It has now been added to my list of favorites !


As we have been walking lots this few days, we all agreed that it would be a great idea to get a foot massage. We went in search of massage parlours and we finally found one that had vacancies for all 4 of us.


Well, it's time for 45 minutes of heaven !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.