Taiwan 2015 - Day 3.

January 09, 2015


Had a fairly early start as we had quite a few things planned for today.

First stop : Onsen ( hot springs ).

We took a train from Ximen and got off one stop after to change to the red line. It took about 40 minutes to get to Beitou where we then had to switch trains to get to Xin beitou. Easy peasy if you ask me !

So we made it to Xin beitou.


We had to trek it all the way up to where all the hot springs were, which deemed quite a mission as our stomachs were empty. It didn't make sense to go into the hot springs with a full tummy as we'd prolly all throw up.

We made it to top and we walked into the hotel which I went to a few years back but they only had rooms for couples, otherwise it was a common pool where we had to share if there were any other guests. So we decided to the hotel beside and try our luck. And boy were we lucky ! They had a private room going by an hourly basis. As the room was occupied, we had to wait for about an hour.

This meant that we could explore the area around.





I'm pretty sure that if you dropped an egg into the water, you'd get an instant hard boiled egg.

So anyways, we went back to the hotel and into the hot springs we went.


It was pretty cool to be honest. They had 3 different tubs for 3 different temperatures.

I didn't soak for long as I was perspiring like crazy after about 30 minutes. It felt as though I just ran 10 clicks ! I had to wait till they were all done before I could shower and change as the showers were in the same room. Apart from that, I thought it was pretty cool. So if you ever do visit the hot springs, and you have a mini group as we did, you could consider coming to this hotel.


Finally, it was time for lunch ! We went to the famous hot springs noodle store just up the hill from where we were.


Here's what we had between us.










I don't know what all the hype to this place was, but the food wasn't anything amazing. It wasn't bad either, don't get me wrong ! I just don't understand why it is so popular. Or could it be that I am just fussy ?

Next stop : Danshui.

So this trip to Taipei has been my fourth time. But with each visit, I have been to Danshui without fail. I just love this place.


So the boys played a few games..



And I ended up with this !


As we had lots to eat for lunch, we weren't feeling that peckish or anything, but we still had a few munchies.




It's like, we're in the land of street food, how could we not have any ?

Third stop : Miramar entertainment park.

So after visiting'Taipei for the fourth time, I finally visited Mirarmar entertainment park. It was such a pity that Melvin couldn't join us as he has a phobia of ferris wheels and roller coasters or any kind, so he just sat in the cold and had a beer whilst we went up !

It was empty, but as we wanted to go in the transparent car, we had to wait 17 minutes for the next one as they only had one transparent cart, But it was definitely worth the wait !









It was a tiny bit frightening during the ride as the boys decided to start goofy around and it felt as though the car was shaking from left to right that it was going to drop ! So wasn't amused to be honest !

So it was time for dinner and we thought we'd have dinner somewhere nice as it was Xiang's birthday today. We decided to let the birthday boy pick the restaurant and we somehow ended up at Ootoya.

Here's what I had for dinner.



And of course, we had to get a cake for the birthday boy !


So we had plans to visit a club later in the evening to celebrate Xiang's birthday. But as it was still early, we went back to the hotel. Shawn & Xiang went to get the hair cut, whilst Melvin accompanied me to get my nails done.

I didn't expect that it would take close to 4 hours to have it done.


It cost about the same price as it would have cost me to have in done back in Singapore. But the standard back in Singapore is way better. In what way ? The crystal wouldn't have dropped off a few hours after having it done. Or maybe I just picked the wrong shop ! Oh wells, there's my excuse to get my nails done again !

We rushed back to regroup and off the Lava club we went. The boys were having a discussion with the manager of the club and finally we ended up at the vip section without a table. It was quite awkward ! But at least I didn't have to squeeze outside with the rest of the crowd I guess ? I almost died from the smoke inhalation though !


Well, here we are now ! I hope I survive the night !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.