Taiwan 2015 - Day 1.

January 07, 2015


So apart from going to sleep the latest, I was also the first to wake up. I can't help it though. A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do !

Afraid of being caught in the jam, we left the house early and got to the airport at half past 9. We sat around and waited for Shawn who arrived at about 10 past 10.

We checked in and went into the departure halls. As Melvin had 4 complimentary passes to the Kris flyer lounge, we decided to go and have some munchies. After getting ourselves a nice comfy corner, we went to get some food. But for some awkward reason, there wasn't much. They did however have plenty of cup noodles. We then grabbed our bags and headed to the food court instead. Had a quick bowl of beef noodles before heading over to the boarding gates.


So the flight to Taiwan took approximately 5 hours and I managed to squeeze in 2 movies in between.

We arrived at about 5pm.


It took quite a while for our bags to come, so whilst waiting, we goofed around.


After collecting our bags, the boys went to buy a line each for our stay here. I decided not to get one as our hotel had wi-fi and besides, I could just leech off anyone of them as it was unlimited 4g for the stay here.

We then got ourselves a taxi and headed over to Ximending where our hotel was. It was a 45 minutes cab ride which I slept through from the airport.

After a quick refreshment session, we decided to head out to explore. But first, let us take a 'WEFIE' !


First stop, my favorite back alley where they sold my cheesy mochi. This has been my fourth time in Taiwan and this has been my first stop each time since my first time here !


Next stop, Ah Zhong mian xian. This too has been a must have each time I visit Taiwan, and it's not just the one time. I think the minimum is at least 3 bowls per trip ( not that I've been counting ! ).


And then, the modern toilet restaurant. The boys knew how much I wanted to visit, so they took me there.



I honestly just wanted to take a look at the restaurant with no intention of having a full meal there, so the boys suggested that we just order something to share. But when we sat down and had a look at the menu, it stated clearly that each person must have a minimum spending. So we ended up having our dinner there. Sorry guys !

So anyways, here are photos from the modern toilet restaurant.








So finally, after 3 trips, I finally managed to visit the toilet restaurant thanks to the boys !

We did a little bit of window shopping before heading over to the Party world opposite our hotel.

Their prices are disgustingly cheap. You'd never believe it when I tell you that it cost us $19 each for 6 hours for a room.

Unfortunately for me, they didn't have much English, Japanese or Korean song choices so I won't be singing much.

But anyways, let the singing begin !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.