Hong Kong - Day 5.

April 27, 2014
We were forced to wake up fairly early this morning as we had to do some last minute packing before checking out. I always hate when it's time to check out as there is this fear that I've left something behind and end up quadruple checking just to make sure.

So we checked out successfully, left our baggage with the hotel and looked for some food. I really wanted to have dim sum one last time before going home, but I figured that the my grand-mother would have been sick of it by now, so we decided to go to this random cha chan teng for brunch. We walked in and we were made to share a table and we didn't really fancy that, so we u-turned. I honestly didn't want to have another meal at that place that we've been going to this few days, so we went to Fan fan instead - Italian food.

Here's us waiting for our food.


And here's what we had for brunch.

My granny and I had the set meal which came with a bowl of soup and a cup of coffee or tea.



And here are the mains.



It wasn't fantastic, but it sure beats going to that same cha chan teng we've been going to the past few days !

I had one last place that I wanted to take my grand-mother to before we headed back to Singapore, and so after we were done with brunch, we went back to the hotel to collect our bags before getting into a taxi and headed for the airport. We had no choice but to head to the airport first to leave our bags with left baggage as the last place of interest I wanted to bring my granny to was near the airport. It wouldn't of made sense going there and back to the hotel again would it ?

So this last place - Ngong ping 360.


We started queuing for tickets. As it got nearer to our turn, we experienced strong winds and then it started pouring down. The cable car ride seriously did not look very safe from where we were standing and who knows, they might have cancelled the ride after purchasing our tickets and we just thought that it would have been better not to go. So unfortunately, I did not manage to bring my granny to this one last place.

Sigh.


Well, on the bright side, at least we're certain we're not going to miss our flight due to being stuck up there or something right ?

We then crossed over to this huge ass outlet mall as we had plenty of time to burn. I was really hoping that I'd be able to buy some stuff as I haven't been shopping much in Hong Kong, but after a few hours of window shopping, apart from almost buying a pair of Adidas shoes, there was just nothing that I fancied. I have come to a conclusion that Hong Kong's fashion is just not suitable for me.

We took a taxi back to the airport after we were done.

And here's our last meal in Hong Kong.


So we made back to Singapore safely. I'm so glad we're back home ! If there's anything that I'd miss in Hong Kong, it's probably their awesome cooling weather and not to mention, their specialty baked pork buns ! And being in Hong Kong made me realize how much I love Singapore !

Before we headed home, we had to pick my lovely son up from my father's place. I wasn't very keen on driving back home half asleep, but my son gave me the strength.

And now we're back in home sweet home.

Goodbye Hong Kong.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.