Hong Kong - Day 2.

April 24, 2014


For today's itinerary, we had planned to go to Madam Tussaud's wax museum and visit the peak after as they were pretty much at the same location. But the weather didn't look very promising, so we decided to just head over and decide later.

But before we set off, we had lunch first. Who goes to Hong Kong without visiting Tim Ho Wan ? So we googled before heading out, and we managed to find a Tim Ho Wan which was on the way to the peak.

So here are pictures from our awesome lunch !











I have never been to the Tim Ho Wan in Singapore because of the horrendous queue, but I was in heaven today ! I've heard the the branch in Singapore is ridiculously expensive, but over here, it was dirt cheap. We had so much to eat and it cost just over $30 for the both of us. How awesome is that ? And the quality was suberb. I love Tim Ho Wan !

After we were done, we took a taxi to the peak which took us about 30 minutes. As we got higher up the mountain, we saw less. All that surrounded us was the fog.


Now, shall I show you what I meant by fog ?


You're supposed to be able to have an overlook of the pretty sight of Hong Kong, can you see it ?

We crossed over to the next building where the Madam Tussad's was.

And here are a selected few photos that we took at the wax museum today.





I got upset from the moment we walked in. I know everyone's excited and wants to take photos with them wax figures, but cmon', can't we all take turns ? We didn't manage to take a photo with Andy Lau along with Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie because no matter how long we queued, everyone else would just dash in. But apart from that, if you haven't been to Madam Tussaud's, it's quite a nice place to visit !

We headed back to the hotel so that my grand-mother could recharge herself for shopping later on in the evening. As usual, after she was settled down, I went for a quick walk about to see if i could do some extra shopping on the sly.

Just before dinner time, I headed back to the hotel. I was still craving for some sushi as we didn't get to eat it yesterday. So we headed out and hunted for a Japanese restaurant. We actually came across one last night when we got lost, but we couldn't find it today. We thought we knew where it was, but after walking in circles, we gave up. We somehow ended up at alley beside the ladies market and we went into the first Japanese restaurant we saw. We thought that it couldn't be that bad as the restaurant was packed, but we were oh so wrong.

They had a huge variety - from sashimi to ramen, but the food was bad. That's the problem when you have too many variety - bad tasting food.

My grand-mother had seafood fried rice which was just like the normal Chinese fried rice.


I on the other hand ordered a chirashi-don to satisfy my sashimi craving, but I was totally disappointed. Well, the sashimi was just sashimi but they separated the rice from my sashimi and it wasn't even sushi rice, it was just plain white rice !


Oh wells, at least I had the most awesome lunch ever to make up for it.

So after dinner, we took our time roaming the ladies market. It was a little bit annoying as it was drizzling on and off.

We managed to get some baggage tags from the ladies market, well, more than we could bargain for. We just wanted 2, but they were selling 6 at a cheap price, so we ended up with 6 baggage tags. After last year's baggage scare, we all have a tag with our details now !

I also bought a leopard print umbrella, or I was made to anyway. The weather for the next few days didn't look too promising, so my granny made me buy one. I was going to buy a chic huge leopard brolly, but I thought it was a hassle bringing it home, so I allowed it. I noticed that every country I go to, I actually buy a foldable umbrella unknowingly. Hahaha, at this rate I'm going, I could open a shop !

So there were a million and one shoe and bag shops and as much as I wanted to spend money, I just couldn't as there was nothing that caught my eye. I ended up buy a pair of shoes though. That was it. There wasn't much clothing so that was a huge disappointment.

What's with all this hype about the ladies market ? I cannot understand it. I personally wouldn't recommend shopping there.

So since yesterday, we have been wanting to eat pig's blood, but they didn't have any. We tried looking for some but to no avail and decided to head back to the hotel.

But our night didn't end there. Alvin, a long time good friend of mine who was now living in Hong Kong, had facebook messaged me and asked if I was free for a drink. And seeing as I haven't seen him for many years, I just had to go. So I took a taxi to Ritz carlton hotel where he said he'd meet me. Compared to the hotel I was staying at, the staff at Ritz carlton were a million times friendlier ! And the view from the hotel was breath taking. I so wish I was staying there instead ! >.<

And I finally met my dear friend Alvin, who looks exactly the same from 10 years ago.


P.S : Full album available for viewing on facebook.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.