Hong Kong - Day 3.

April 24, 2014
Of all days to wake up late, it had to be the day when we decided to visit Ocean park. I had set a few alarms ( just 2 minutes away from each other ) starting from 830am, but we only woke up at noon, because apparently, I shut them all off in my sleep.

Hurriedly, we all got ready and left the room. We crossed over to the dim sum place to have lunch first.











I'm so in love with dim sum, that I could eat it everyday for the rest of my life.

So after we were done, we took a taxi to Ocean park. It took about 30 minutes to get there.


Headed to the ticketing booth in hopes that my granny would go in free, but this deal only applies to the local senior citizens holding on to a Hong Kong identity card. Boo hoo, so we had to pay 320hkd per person.

So anyways, here are photos from our day at Ocean park.




We had to get on the monorail to get to top where all the rides were.



I only managed to ride 2 of the rides out of the many, partly because it was late and the other half was because I felt bad making my granny wait by herself.


Before we went to Hong Kong that this is one ride that I must go on, But we walked and walked but we just didn't get any closer. And I was afraid that my granny would get tired, so I had to skip it. It would of been amazing though ! We could only look at it from the dolphin show. Well, at least we managed to catch a dolphin show ey ?



After the show had ended, we took the cable car back down. I think the view would have been really gorgeous if not for the fog.


As we exited, there was a few stalls around and we just sat and rested for a while.

We then went to see the panda san, different species of goldfishes and seahorses which I think amazed us all.


For the full album, go to my facebook page !

So we took a cab back to the hotel, and on the way back, there was a little bit of a jam. When we got back to the hotel, it was dinner time. To make things easier, we just went to a shop one building down. We heard that every cha chan teng would be good, but this one was just - yeah, I don't really know what to say.




We decided to take my granny shopping at Prince Edward today. We did somehow managed to get lost yesterday and ended up there, but it was quite a distance away so we thought we'd take a taxi. It turned out to be really near.

There were much more shops at Prince Edward but for some reason, half of them were closed. I would still however recommend shopping there if you do go. You could probably skip ladies market if you are time restricted.

I headed back to the hotel to let my granny rest.

I then went on a mission to get pig's blood. I went to the lobby to ask if they knew where I could get some. The manager then whipped out a map and circled this shop saying that they probably had some. So off I went. I followed the map and to my horror it wasn't there ! I was really determined and approached different people and ask if they knew about this shop. Most of them could only tell me that they had moved but they didn't know where. I was about to give up when I went into this shop and asked the salesman, whom then said there's this 2 aunties standing outside directing people to the new location. So we walked about 2 metres down and I found them.

49hkd for this huge tub of pig's blood.


Nana is now a happy girl !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.