Happy birthday brother !

March 21, 2014


So today, we had a last minute belated birthday dinner for one of my best friends, Jeremy. It was a last minute decision that was confirmed this morning. We were going to have dinner at American club which was a little bit inaccessible for me, so I asked Jr if he could come get me and he agreed. Woo hoo.

Jr came a little bit earlier to play a game of Dota. We headed to town after.

We were told to dress in formal, so I just put on a floral dress accompanied with a long cardigan and a pair of black wedges. As for Jr, he was still dressed in a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. When we got to the car park, he then changed into a shirt and a pair of trousers. It was hilarious !

We met up with the rest shortly after.

For today's dinner, we went to the 2nd floor.

The restaurant was rather posh and the setting was quite cosy. The food was pretty good as well. My appetite hasn't been good as of late, so I just settled for a main - salmon steak. Both Jr and Yuki weren't feeling that hungry either and they both went for the steak. I would have gone for the steak if I hadn't just had it yesterday. Josh and his wife, Jenna as well as Jem and his girlfriend, Chelsia went for the full courses. They had the chilled seafood assortment for starters. Then they each had foie gras. After which they had a truffle scented mushroom bisque which was just heavenly - I had a little taste from Chelsia's. The 3 of us were starving by then. They were serving it in order, so we had to wait till they were done with their starters.

Here's a photo of my main.


I've always been a fan of mash potatoes, but this was just next level. It was heavenly. It must have been the truffle oil. I'm drooling all over again from just thinking of it.

Halfway through dinner, Yuki disappeared. We all didn't know why, but in actual fact, he went downstairs to buy a birthday cake for Jem.

So anyways, here's the birthday boy.


The cake was pretty sinful to be honest.


Although I only had a small piece, I felt like I put on an instant kilogram.

You know what's the most shocking thing though ? The total bill came up to be over $800. My jaws nearly touched the floor when I saw it.

ありがとうねバカちゃん !

And before I end this post, here's pictures of us.


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.