Long overdue.

March 19, 2014
The time to service my car was long overdue and so, I just had to get it done.

I called and told my father yesterday that I would go over to his house tomorrow in the morning. I didn't specifically give him a time though. I left my house at about 1030am today, hoping that the peak hour would have died down, and it did. I made it to his house in one piece. When I got there, he told me he was expecting me earlier than this. The reason being, the car servicing was on a first come first serve basis. He just thought that if we went first thing in the morning, that it would be done in a jiffy. 

Anyways, he drove to the autobacs nearby his place. 

There was a few cars before us, so we just chose our package and waited for our turn. We decided to walk to the nearby coffee shop to have our lunch whilst waiting. We both had wanton noodles which was that fantastic. I barely touched the plate of noodles. Halfway through a meal, the mechanic called us. Over the phone, he tried to tell us what needed replacing, but we just couldn't understand him. We told him we were on our way back. When we got there, he told us that my car was ageing and so a few parts needed changing. 

Here are some of the problems :

1. Brake rotor. 

He mentioned that whilst driving the car into the workshop that he heard screeching sounds whilst breaking. He said that the front rotor was uneven and said it would cost $300+ per pair. 

2. Suspension.

Apparently my suspension was old and wasn't functioning properly.

3. Timing belt.

Most Honda's timing belt would last about 100,000 miles and mine's almost there.

This was the 3 major issues today, but guess what ? I didn't replace any of it. I shall wait till the next servicing !

Till the next servicing, I have temporary solutions.

1. Brake rotor - Braking gently.

2. Suspension - Going extra slow over speed bumps. 

3. Timing belt - It wouldn't be much of a problem as I seldom drive.

For today's servicing, I did the necessity of changing the engine oil as well as the gear box oil. 

There wasn't a need to change the car battery as we got it changed not too long ago. Just in case you didn't know, a car battery's life span is about 2 years, after which you would have to get it changed ! Don't be an idiot like me and had to be saved by a stranger ! 

All in all, I think I am lucky to have my Mr Accord. He's been really good to me this past few years and I totally love him to bits. 

I'm definitely am not looking forward to the next servicing. I reckon the total bill would be at least $1,500 ! Not mentioning my car insurance and road tax which is due roughly around the same time. Sigh.

I had actually planned on leaving after the car service, but my dad wanted to have dinner with me. 

Spent a few hours chilling at his place with him and Baby san before dinner.


After nearly 4 years of seeing Baby san on and off, I finally realised today, for the first time that he has a heart like shape on his body !


Isn't he lovely ? 

So for tonight's dinner, my father said that he would bring me to this reasonable Korean bbq place where his tenant was working at. 

It has been quite sometime since I last had a rice drink and this was in a can, but it was good ! I just couldn't stop at one !


As for the bbq, the meat was ace ! I'm actually more of a pork person, but the beef there was just too delicious !


The cooked food weren't too bad either. 


I actually quite enjoyed dinner. The only thing I dislike about Korean bbq is the fact that your whole body smells like bbq after. Oh wells !

For all you interested people, here's the address.

Goki day bbq buffet restaurant
19 Teck Chye Terrace
Singapore 545725

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.