Spring cleaning.

January 27, 2021

That's right guys, Chinese new year is just around the corner and that means it's time for some spring cleaning action. 


Seeing as we moved back into our home, just a little over a year ago now, we don't have much to throw out as we already did so prior before moving out. My wardrobe though, is another story. It's basically bursting. Like every time I do the laundry and try to put my clothes back into it's place, I'd have to force it back in and when I take a piece of clothing out from the wardrobe, it's all creased, sweat shirts included. I think that says I have way too much clothes. 


You know how we all have our few favorite pieces of clothing and can probably just live on a cycle with those few pieces? Well, yeah, that's basically how it is for me. 


These past few days, I have just been focusing on decluttering my wardrobe, section by section. I started off with the dresses. I basically try on every single piece and decide if I still want it or not. Amazingly, everything still fits, so I guess it's proof that I've been maintaining my weight all this while. What I discovered though, was the fact that I have dresses that have never seen the light and dresses that I've only worn once or twice. I had a really hard time parting with a few pieces, but I had to be strict with myself and basically I decided that if I haven't worn that piece in year or more, I don't need it, because it'll probably continue to stay that way. And you'd be surprise at how much space I have in that wardrobe now. 


I did the same for all the other sections of my wardrobe.


I don't know about you lot, but I actually section out my clothing according to type. So I have section one just for dresses, one for blouses and sweatshirts, one for shorts, jeans, sweatpants and hoodies, one for skirts and trousers and one for my winter coats. I'm ocd like that. 


So anyways, after spending a few days doing nothing but trying on piece after piece, it's safe to say that I think I've done pretty well this time. I'm proud of myself! 


Remember guys, if you have a minor hoarding problem like I do, and this applies to everything and anything, not just clothes, just ask yourself if you really need it. If you haven't used it in a year or more, then it's time to say goodbye. Problem sorted!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.