Taiwan 2017 - Day 4.

April 20, 2017
Today was a city day. Yes, we decided to explore Taipei today.

We thought it'd be a great idea to get on the Taipei sightseeing bus, as we really enjoyed the one we got on in Vienna but sadly, I think it was a waste of money to get on one here in Taipei. There isn't much to see to be honest but remember, that is only my opinion.


Oh yes, the route it takes is almost similar to the one of the Taipei metro, so on the bright side, at least you get to see the outside world rather then tunnels of the underground.

You can get on and off the bus as many times you like in a day until the bus service ends but to make things worse, we only took the bus once and it was to our first stop of the day - National palace museum.








It was really late by the time we were done at the museum so we just decided to grab a taxi. I told him and pointed out to him on the map where we had wanted to go, which was the Matyr's shrine and he said no problem. He looked really confident as well. We also asked him if there was anywhere nearby that area where he can drop us so that we could go have some lunch as we haven't eaten yet.

He then dropped us a street away, where we had an awesome bowl of beef noodles.



After we were done with lunch, we walked over to what we thought was Matyr's shrine but guess what ? We got cheated. He took us to Chiang kai shek memorial hall instead. It was great for my mum as it was her first visit to Taiwan but I had already brought my grand-mother there a few years back. SIGH.

But, here are the photos anyway.












So as you can see, my grand-mother did not walk with us. She was conserving her energy for tonight. After all, she's 88 years old. We took a taxi back to the hotel, made sure she was settled in, before heading out again.

Now I was super excited as we were on our way to get me my Porter. Yes, I desperately wanted to buy a bag. It didn't matter that I didn't get to buy anything else on the entire trip, I just wanted my bag !

So for weeks now, I have been thinking if I should get the grey or the green but the decision was made for me when I was told that they only had the grey one in stock. I think if they had both in stock, we wouldn't have made it out of there so soon as I tend to be really indecisive.

Before we came to Taiwan, I told my mother that I wanted to take her to have the nicest cup of coffee that she would have ever tasted in her life. It's by UCC and I was introduced to it by Eugene. The thing is, I can't remember where the place was. I googled and found the address and asked the staff at Porter for help. They were really nice and wrote down the directions for us. But in the end, we decided to try our luck at a nearer UCC instead, because you would have thought that it'd be the same menu right ? Sadly, that was not the case.

With much disappointment, I settled for cafe vienna instead.


We rushed back to the hotel after our coffee as we had planned to go to Taipei 101. It was close to 7pm so we figured that my granny would be starving. Yes, we are weird people. We have our dinner daily at 6pm.

We decided to take a taxi yet again as it was so much more convenient for my grand-mother.

We went in hopes of having Din tai fung for dinner. We walked and walked and I just couldn't find it and the place is huge. We then settled for the food court as it was the first thing we saw.

Can you guess what my granny had ? Well, she saw this Singapore stall selling prawn noodles and said she wanted that and my mother had chicken rice from the same stall as she couldn't be bothered to re-queue somewhere else. ^w^ Going all the way to Taiwan to have Singapore food. What a joke.

I just settled for Mos burger as it was the closest to where we were seated and there was no queue.


I must say that even though the rice bun contained quinoa, the standards of the rice burger was way better than the one back in Singapore. Well, back in the day when Mos burger just opened in Singapore it was top notch but I just recently had the rice burger and it was disgusting.

So anyways, we finally made it to the observatory deck and here are the photos.








Well, we headed back to the hotel and then took a walk to try and do some last minute shopping but was disappointed yet again as nearly all the shops were closing. SIGH. On the bright side, at least I got my bag. That will do me.

So that about sums up our day.

Off to pack now as it's our last night here in Taiwan.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.