Taiwan 2017 - Day 3.

April 19, 2017


So last night, we arranged to have 十三 come pick us up at 8am today. This meant that we had to wake up extra early today so as not to be late like we were yesterday.

Today's breakfast was the usual international buffet style which I prefer. At least they offer toast and porridge, things that are more likely to be consumed at breakfast. But then again, I don't practice the habit of eating breakfast and furthermore, it was 7am in the morning.

Today's destination - Hualien.

It took us about 3 hours to get there via the mountain roads but we got there in the end. Our first stop was actually the toilet !



Okay okay, so we finally arrived at Taroko national park where the breathtaking Taroko gorge is. I can only tell you how beautiful it actually was and the photo doesn't really do it any justice. I guess you just have to go and see it for yourself.









We drove around the park, stopping at various places to take photos.













And then we walked the trail where we continued snapping away.










And then continue driving around the park again whilst stopping around various places that was photo worthy.




















Well, that about sums up Taroko national park. I absolutely love mountains and streams so this was the perfect place for me.

Next, 十三 brought us to the seven star beach.



So the only thing left to do in Hualien apparently, was to eat.

十三 brought us to have buns and dumplings but the stall that he had wanted to take us to was closed for the day so we went to the one next door instead and apparently they are related. I think he mentioned something about a fall out and then they decided to split. So anyways, we had this one today and hopefully in future, I'll get to try the other one !





What a good meal that was. I love my buns and dumplings and I thought they were delish.

And just as we thought we were done, 十三 turned to us and said that we were going to go have some goose meat. We were like whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut ? We were all full.

But we went to have some goose meat anyway.




I wasn't too keen on trying the goose meat to be honest but they made me try some anyway and it turned out to be quite alright. It sort of tastes a little like duck but different somehow or another. I was more interested in the vegetables to be honest. I was in love with it.

After we were done with dinner, we drove all the way back to Taipei. I think the car ride was more tiring than all the walking if you ask me.

Well, we just got back from our walk at Ximending and I am off to take a shower.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.