Seoul - Day 2.

April 30, 2015


As I was on free & easy, I could wake up at any time I wanted and do whatever I felt like doing at my own time.

I had a really late start today. I wanted to try the famous ginseng chicken soup. Luckily for me, I went at about 3pm after the lunch crowd so I didn't have to wait long. But that doesn't mean that there wasn't any queue. Even at 3pm, I still had to wait for a short period of time ! So if you plan on visiting, do avoid the lunch crowd if you can !

Well, here are photos from lunch.





I ordered the one that was drowned in lots of ginseng which I didn't quite fancy. But for all you ginseng fans out there, you would love it !

Here's the address for all you interested people.


Tosokchon 
5 Jahamun-ro 5,gil
Jongno-gu

Fret not, as it is quite a popular place. I'm pretty certain most cabbies would know it !

After lunch, I strolled over to Gyeonbokgung palace. I had intended to spend the whole day there as it was huge, but as I started the day late, I had to fast-forward my visit as they closed at 6pm.

Well, here are some of the photos I took from my palace visit.























Managed to stop for a quick soft cream break as well !



I really enjoyed my visit to the palace today. It kind of sucked that I only had about 2 hours to explore the grounds. It is really worth the visit. But bear in mind friends, it takes a full day at the palace to fully cover all the grounds, so start your day early !

For dinner today, I was craving for some Korean bbq and googled for a famous place. Somehow I ended up at Gangnam.

I ended up in a high end place not being able to order and this is what I ended up with.




Although I only had one kind of beef, it was the best beef I have ever eaten in my life. Accompanied by the salt dip - Perfection ! Sadly, that meal cost me about $200.

After my heavy dinner, I went to Hangang river for a walk.


As the night is still young, I'm off for more shopping at Dongdaemun again !

Have a good night friends !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.