Seoul - Day 1.

April 29, 2015


So last night, I took the red eye flight to Korea. It took me just over 6 hours to arrive. Just before we arrived, breakfast was served.


I had everything except for the roasted potatoes. I mentioned before that I dislike having any form of potatoes in my breakfast !

As I had nothing else better to do, I decided to take the KTX all the way to the hotel. It took me about an hour and I guess the ride weren't too bad as I managed to sit down the whole way through. The journey was pretty straightforward and I only had to change twice. It cost me about 10,000won, which is equivalent to $12. Pretty budget if you ask me.

I finally arrived at my hotel, which was only a 2 minute walk from Euljiro 4-ga station. The hotel that I chose is called Hotel Kukdo Best Western. It looked like quite a pleasant hotel from the outside. As it was still too early for check-in and they had rooms available for early check-in, I decided to just pay $25.

Here's what the room looks like, along with the view from my window.



All in all, the room was pretty comfortable. I just found it weird that the wash basin along with the dressing table was along the corridor as you walked in from the main door. But apart from that, I was quite pleased with the room.

So earlier in the lift, I saw an advertisement of their seafood ramyeon and guess what ? I just couldn't resist. And so my first meal in Seoul - Seafood ramyeon from room service.


After freshening up, I took a train to Apgujeong - My sole purpose ? Purchase of my Chrome hearts cap. I have waited too many years for it. I also wanted a specific pair of Ugg boots, but unfortunately they didn't carry it. Oh wells.

I headed for Myeong-dong after.


So friends, this is a shopping district that has all your beauty products. From make-up, to face masks, you name it, they have it. I reckon it's the best place to get all your beauty products as they have lots of promotions and free gifts. But bear it mind, if you see something you want, I suggest you get it, because you might not be able to locate the same shop afterwards.

After lots of walking, I decided it was time for dinner. I really wanted to have my jajangmyeon and jajangmyeon I got.


Even though Myeong-dong wasn't far from where I was by train, I took a taxi as I was too lazy. You wouldn't believe how quickly I arrived back at the hotel - 5 minutes !

Luckily for me, they had a few English channels to switch between. I was glued to AXN as they had back to back episodes of CSI. That'll do me !

At about 11pm, I decided to go shopping Dongdaemun. I was quite shocked at their operating hours. They open at 10:30am and close at 5:00am. So friends, you know where to go on your next visit to Seoul !

Before I conquered the malls, here's a photo I took with Cony & Brown !


And just for your info, it took me about 3 minutes to get to 'Dongdaemun' from my hotel !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.