Bangkok 2013 - Day 1.

September 10, 2013
Whoa, what a long day it has been !

I had to literally drag myself out of bed this morning at 430am. I managed to leave the house for the planned timing of 530am and got to the airport just before 6am. After checking in, we just stoned outside at the smoking corner with our starbucks.

When it was time, we headed for the departure halls.

I've known of this trip since July, but it never really digested. It's only till I was in the boarding room that it finally hit me.


Normally, I'd have breakfast at McDonald's, but this time, I didn't have to. That is one of the perks of travelling on a non budget airline.

The choice of breakfast that I had was either fried carrot cake or Eenglish style breakfast.


Seriously, I didn't actually realize how much of a difference it'd make travelling on a budget airlines. They even provide in-flight entertainment !

Arrived safely about 2 hours later.

We then took a taxi to the hotel which took about 45 minutes. Checked in and then headed out. Walked all the way to platinum mall which took about 15 minutes odd. Passed by the train station and I realized that Thailand loves me so much that they named a station after me !


Okay, okay, I know I'm lame.

So we started our shopping spree at the street shops. After walking for quite some time, I ended up with only one item - a dress. It didn't help that it started raining as well. Had to wait for the rain to stop and then we crossed over to platinum mall. Tried to do it systematically by walking floor by floor. You'd be amazed how quickly we got through the whole mall without purchasing anything. There was just nothing that caught my eye.

After a few hours of walking, we decided to take a break at starbucks. I just needed that warm cup of matcha latte.


After we regained our energy, we continued shopping. There was this new mall right beside the starbucks we were at, and so I decided to check it out. It was a complete waste of time in my opinion.

We were hungry by then, so we decided to hunt for some food. One of my favorite Thai meals has to be kway tiao moo. And I remembered last year when I went to Bangkok, we had lunch at this random food court near the hotel we stayed at. So I decided to go back there. It was a bit of a walk, but it was all worth it !



Continued shopping round the area till about 7ish before heading back to our hotel for a quick shower.

We then walked over to MBK where wanted to have mookata. I was looking forward to it. But to our disappointment, it had closed down. Since we arrived, the thought of having mookata had been drilled in my head, so when we had to find an alternative, I really just had no clue.

After pacing it up and down, we finally settled for some Japanese sushi and steamboat buffet. It was actually quite bad. But hey, you don't try, you'll never know right ?



I really wanted to get my nails done. But by the time we were done with dinner, pretty much all the shops were closed. Oh wells.

On the way back to the hotel, we found a massage parlour and we went to inquire.

I then went back to my room to cotch for a little while.

So here's my miserable loot for the day.



So anyways, I'm off for a full body massage.

Oh yes, just to share some devastating news that I learned about earlier - my room in London has caught fire. They suspect that it was an electrical fault. But I guess I have to thank God that the fire was contained in my room which burned out by itself. And course the most important thing is that both my mum and Uncle Pat are unharmed. Praise the Lord. 



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.