Bangkok 2012 - Day 3.

July 16, 2012


Oh dear, the girls had planned on rampaging the morning market once again, so I set the alarm for 6am. But because I was over tired, I didn't hear it ring. Or should I say, I heard it and turned it off somehow. I was abruptly woken up by house keeping who knocked on our room door over and over again. I then apologized to the girls for not being able to wake up.

We took our time and only left our room when it was nearing lunch time. Today, instead of taking a cab, we all agreed that we wanted to experience riding a tuk-tuk. I totally loved it. I wish we had tuk-tuk's in Singapore. I would gladly ride it everyday. What an enjoyable experience.

So anyways, our destination was MBK. We had lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Aren't we cute ? We're in Thailand, but we have Chinese for lunch. The food was pretty normal. We had peking duck, prawns, xiao long bao and a veggie dish which I absolutely love. I'm so going to learn how to cook that style of veggie !




After lunch, we walked over to Siam discovery centre to visit Naraya. I am totally love Naraya. We spent about an hour and a bit in there. I ended up buying a matching set of sling bag, travel bag, cosmetic bag and a shoe bag. I would have got the whole matching collection, but because it was an old model, I could only find limited matching items. Oh wells, I'm still happy though. I did however buy loose items like a toiletry bag, another cosmetic bag, and a hand bag which I adore ! Also, I really really like this champagne colored sling bag. It was the display set, but I liked it enough to buy it anyway. I actually thought I spend hundreds of Singapore dollars there, but it turns out I spent less than a hundred in there. How cool is that ? We then walked back to MBK looking for bling-ed out phone casings. We spent quite a bit of time searching. I managed to find a casing that I really really like and bought it for 500baht. Even though I had already lost my phone, I just bought it anyways. I already know what phone I want to buy anyways. The cover is so gorgeous. The only bad point about it, is that I have to hand carry it. It's way to big and bulky to fit into my pocket. It also weighs a ton ! We also bought tidbits from one of the stall there. I bought a packet of dried coconut strip for myself and for my grand-mother, I bought her a box of durian chips, a box of crispy pork floss and some spicy dried fish.

We went back to our hotel to rest in the evening. As we left the hotel to search for dinner, we got distracted by the evening market below our hotel. We had a quick browse before dining at McDonald's. I know, I know. Who the hell goes to Thailand and have McDonald's ? WE DID ! I had a taste of Thailand's big mac ! It's kind of the same, but not the same, if you get me ? They even have sweet chili sauce !


During dinner, we bumped into a Caucasian bloke who seemed to know his way around. He suggested that we take a boat ride to Sampanput which would cost us 11baht each to avoid the traffic jam. But our minds ran wild and we decided not to. Instead, we took a cab and indeed got caught in the jam. But we're safe and sound ! We spent a good 3 hours or more shopping there. Well, at least I finally filled up my recycle bag to the brim !

We're back in the hotel room now and I best pack the rest of my shopping into my luggage.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.