Bangkok 2012 - Day 2.

July 15, 2012


I don't know how I have been doing this for the past 2 days, but somehow, I manage to wake up when my alarm clock rings. So this morning, I got up at 6am to get ready before waking the girls up. We set off at about 730am for the morning market downstairs. Apparently, they open really early in the morning and by afternoon, they disappear. I'm honestly quite a fussy person, but I managed to snag myself a few things. However, it was a different case for the girls. Their recycle bags were completely full. I wish I weren't that fussy to be honest.


After we were done with the morning market, we decided to go have lunch. We had lunch in a coffee house at a mall nearby. There was bare variety, but I ended up having fish and chips. How silly ey ?






After lunch, we went back to the hotel to drop the things we bought and too freshen up as well. We then took a taxi to Chachuchat. Again, it was such an awesome place to shop, except that the price was a little higher than other places which we had shopped at so far. The only thing that sucked pretty bad, was that not long after we got there, it started raining. So all the shopkeepers on the roadside packed up. We ended up walking in the sheltered portion which sold items mostly for men only. Oh wells ! We had our dinner there as well, at some chicken noodle shack.


After dinner, we continued shopping for a a bit, before facing some minor boo-boos. We ended up taking a taxi back. Whilst in the cab, I felt unwell. We were stuck in a traffic jam for quite some time. We were nearby our hotel, when the cabbie insisted that he wouldn't go any further. He ended up stopping us by the roadside. We were walking through some back alley when I realized I had lost my phone. I figured that I dropped it inside the cab. Sharin did try to run out to the main road to see if he was still around, but to no avail. Just my luck ey ? Quickly ran back up to the hotel lobby and tried to explain the situation to them. We then managed to get the hotel manager who was on shift, but he couldn't really understand what we were saying. I got impatient and borrowed Poh Ling's phone to try and call mine. We got through and the cabbie picked up. He lied and said he was an hour and a half away and would come back later on and hung up. We waited patiently in our hotel room. But deep down inside, it was obvious he wasn't coming back.

Sharin and I then started packing our luggage. We spent about an hour packing before we headed downstairs for a smoke and a chat. We ended up chatting away for an hour and smoking half our pack.

It's now nearly 4am and it's time for beddy-byes. 2 hours of sleep, hmmmmm. Hopefully I'll be able to hear the alarm clock when it rings.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.