My new favorite tze char.

December 02, 2011
Today we went over to Commonwealth to have a breakfast / lunch as my mum wanted to visit the jewellers to have her ring made smaller. My grand-mother had vegetarian noodles that didn't taste of much, my mother had some soon kueh's and a bowl of barley with ginko nuts, whilst I had a bowl of the most tasteless economy rice ever. Moral of the story ? Please do not patronise the koufu atcommonwealth station.

Let's just forget about lunch. So anyways, after we were done at the jewellers, we took a taxi to far east plaza as my mum wanted to have a proper look at the Chinese style clothes I mentioned about yesterday. The lady took out a few different pieces to show her, and finally she came out with one cheong sum that we both agreed on. Whilst waiting for her, I tried on a few pieces myself and fell in love with one. It was a old fashion looking cheong sum on the top, but below was a flare skirt. I didn't buy it in the end though, because it wasn't my size and I found it a hassle that I had to have it altered. I did however end up buying a top. I just thought I could match it with a pair of jeans and wear it during Chinese new year next year. We went home after browsing round the mall for a bit.

Quickly freshened up and took a taxi to Commonwealth cresent where we met the choir people for dinner. I have no idea what the restaurant was called to be honest, but it is located at block 116, commonwealth cresent. It's outlook is one of the most rundown looking and unappetizing to eat at, but honestly, the food there is just simply the best.

We had the taste of the best cold drunken cockles which were to die for, garnished with tons of garlic, spring onion and sliced chilli.

Spinach with 3 kinds of eggs which tasted so good that I don't even know how to describe.

Pork ribs with powered butter of which I was having for the first time.

Cereal prawns which I couldn't eat because of my wound.

Tofu with enoki mushrooms were just so tasty.

We also ordered something that looked like ngoh hiang but I have no idea what it's called.

Sliced fish, which is probably the only thing there that I didn't rate. It could be that it was the only thing I have been eating for the past 2 weeks and was sick of it.

But seriously, you have to go check this place out. It's so reasonably priced as well. I think it cost us $13 each and there was 9 of us. I think I just found my favorite tze char restaurant.







No comments:

Powered by Blogger.