Happy dragon boat festival!

June 14, 2021

Happy dragon boat festival everyone! 


Or as I call it, the rice dumpling day. 



So anyways, I never knew that there was so many different types of rice dumplings. I just found out not too long ago. 


I won't go into details on each one, but just in case you want to know what the different types of rice dumplings are:

-Nyonya zhang

-Teochew zhang

-Hokkien zhang

-Cantonese zhang 

-Hainanese zhang


And even though they all have the same triangular shape, they're all different in their own way. I shall try them all some day.


Well, the only zhang that I am familiar with, is the Nyonya zhang. 


You can tell a Nyonya zhang with just a glance. It has a blue tip! The other thing I love about the Nyonya zhang is the fact that it is slightly sweet because of the candied melon.


Well, here are the ones we made this year.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.