Seoul yummy.

June 04, 2013
I had a dinner date with my father today.

We had a little bit of a headache thinking of where we were going to eat today. I'm sure you've notice by now that we're always patronizing the same few restaurants because we know that the food there is good. But honestly, sometimes you just get bored, don't you ? But we have one problem, and that is we really want to try out restaurants that we've never been to, but we have a phobia that the food will turn out to be really horrible. Just take our experience at yayoiken as an example.

After much contemplation, we decided to brave it up and try the Korean restaurant - Seoul yummy, on the 4th floor.

We got ourselves a table and browsed through the menu. We both were a little lost to be honest. Luckily it was still early and the lovely staff assisted us.

We ended up ordering a set for 2 people.








Overall, I reckon the food wasn't too bad, but it's not my favorite either.

The banchan were so-so.
The brown rice was disgusting.
The beef was way too dry and a little bit tasteless.
The saba fish was good - way better than the one down at yayoiken !
The soup was not too bad.
The tteokbokki was undercooked but I really couldn't be bothered to complain and I think my father was happy with his bibimbap.

The set also included a dessert which turned out to be rather pleasant.


So the bill came up to just under $70. I don't think it was worth the money at all, not for so-so food anyways. This was purely for food, my father didn't even have a beer because apparently they ran out of stock. I was made to go down to 7-11 to buy a can of beer. ._________.' So yeah, not one of our top choices ! But if we do go back there, it is to try the army hot pot.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.