The worst experience.

July 26, 2019
I must say that I have been pretty lucky with my flights departing and arriving more or less on time all these years.

The trip here was the first time I've ever experienced delays, and hopefully, it will be my last too.

So my flight was supposed to depart at 1115pm last night and that got delayed by about 30 minutes. They then announced that we would be arriving at Heathrow airport just before 6am UK time but will not be able to land till further notice. Now, I was already panicking at the fact that we had delays departing and had no idea how long it would take, now I had to pre-panic at the arrivals as wells. And just in case you're wondering, yes, I suffer from travel anxiety, but only during take-offs and landing despite having flown 983273847323 times.

Dinner was served at half past 1. I wasn't hungry or anything, but I thought I'd eat to pass time. I wanted the beef but sadly, they ran out, so I just had to make do with the prawn curry instead.


Funnily enough, I didn't even watch a single movie on board, instead, I was watching Dear neighbours' for the duration that I was awake, which wasn't long by the way.

I must have slept for about 8 hours, with some help that is. But it does make the flight a lot more bearable.

I woke up just in time for breakfast. The breakfast menu on board British airways is pretty standard though. It's either the English breakfast, which I always have, or the frittata.


True enough, we arrived at Heathrow just before 6am and were made to circle around. I tried to occupy myself by watching my drama. We must have just went round and round for about 30 minutes.

When we finally landed, I was extremely chuffed.

But the worst had yet to come.

After having been on board that flight confined to that seat, all I wanted was to get off that plane.

But guess what ? We were all stuck to that seat for another hour and a half. Apparently, there was chaos there the night before, where lots of flights to Europe got cancelled.

Just my luck ey ?

Well, I'm now finally in the comfort of my home sofa and I've got to try my best to stay awake the entire day.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.