Day 2 - Milan.

July 30, 2019


Day 2 - Milan.

#OOTD


We had an early start today.


Yes, that was my weird mix of a breakfast.

We're not a huge fan of tours, but my mum managed to sign us up for a 3 hour guided walking tour which we found quite nice and yes, last supper included.

The meeting as well as the starting point was the Duomo di Milano.






Next up was the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II.




We then walked to Sforza castle and along the way, we also manged to see Piazza Della Scala and Via Dante.




And of course, the highlight of the entire tour, the last supper.





The best part of it all, we skipped the queue !

By the time the tour ended, it was lunch time and we decided to enter the cafe nearest to us.



Back in Singapore, I usually only have one meal a day, and I eat everything and anything then. So, being used to my habit, I ordered the pasta, and guess what ? I couldn't even finish half the portion because the weather was extremely hot. Like I was hungry, but it completely put me off eating. Instead, I ended up sharing my mother's salad.

I know I live in Singapore, where it's summer all year round. But in Singapore, it's the humid kind of heat, whereas, here in Milan, it's the piercing kind of heat. It's nasty !

So after we were done with lunch, we had to retrace our steps back to the Duomo. It was quite hard as we were following our tour group like a sheep earlier, but we managed to get ourselves back to the castle, where we rested for a bit. Like I said, it was way too hot.


And with great team work and surprisingly no wrong turns, we made our way back to the Duomo.

We spent the next hour chilling at a cafe. I would usually have a cup of coffee but because it was disgustingly hot, I decided to have an orange juice instead.

We then decided to explore the area around us and we stumbled upon this pretty waterfall window, which was actually the entrance to Apple.




As we were taking a slow stroll back to our hotel, I decided that I really wanted a gelato.



After all that walking, we decided that we were going to have room service.



My two new favorites at the moment, mozzarella cheese and prosciutto. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.