タロウちゃんのお誕生日

September 25, 2014


Today was a super busy day.

It was my dad's day off from work, but he still had to be my chauffeur for the day. 

So the other day, the doctor that we had recently visited called my grand-mother and told her that he suspects that she has tuberculosis judging from the x-ray that she had just taken. Obviously, that scared the shit out of my mother and myself. And that is why, we brought my grand-mother to mount elizabeth today to have it checked out.

As soon as she had the x-ray done, we rushed over to tanglin shopping centre for her physiotherapy session. After we dropped her off at the clinic, we went to have McDonald's samurai burger. That's like that only burger I am addicted to.

We went back to get my grand-mother and was told by the physiotherapist that my granny was healing fine. She then showed me the exercises that my granny should do at home to help the healing process. Apart from some stiffness, she says she doesn't feel any pain. And so, praise the Lord. 

We headed to the bank to run some errands before rushing back to mount elizabeth for the results. And again, thank you Lord. Everything was clear. I am not pleased with the scare, but I am thankful that everything is good.

I thought we were done with errands for the day, but I thought wrong. We had to go buy some bird's nest for an Uncle's birthday this coming weekend. I knew bird nest was expensive, but I never knew the exact price. It made my jaw drop to the floor. 

So we finally headed back home and it was movie time. One of my all time favorite movies has to be 'the last samurai and I just had to make my dad watch it.


We actually paused the movie half way through so that we could go have dinner first. 

For today's dinner choice, we decided to go to liang court to have udon. We always walk past it, but we have never tried it. It turned out to be quite pleasant. 

My dad had zaru udon, along with a bowl of beef rice and some tempura which he had seemed to have enjoyed.




I on the other hand had udon with pork slices and some tempura. 



So we both have the big eye, small stomach syndrome and we over ordered. 

Overall, we enjoyed dinner. The food was delicious, but I definitely won't recommend the pork slices. It was shredded into mini pieces and they taste like bak kwa. What was up with that ? The tempura on the other hand has to be one of the best I've had in Singapore so far. It's just perfect. 

Interested ? Here's the address.

Tamoya Udon
Liang Court
#01-32
117 River Valley Road
Singapore 179030 

We rushed back home to celebrate Tarou-chan's birthday, which was on the 21st. 

And here's my happy boy !




We continued the rest of the movie. I can safely say that my dad enjoyed the film as much as I did. Although it was released 10 years ago, it's still one of the best movies ever made ! So if you haven't watched it yet, you're definitely missing out.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.