Taiwan 2013 - Day 3.

August 07, 2013


Today, my granny woke me up at 805 am to have the breakfast provided. Believe it or not, I don't remember being woken up and I do not have a recollection of having ate that burger, but my granny told me so !


So despite me setting 5 alarms with 2 minutes intervals, I failed to wake up yet again. We ended up leaving the room about 30 minutes later than yesterday.

Today's itinerary was pretty simple - shopping at Ximending.

But before that, we needed some fuel. Yesterday evening, whilst roaming the streets, I passed by a cocoichibanya and was craving for some Japanese curry rice.

After flipping through the menu, I came to a conclusion that they had way more variety there. And this one dish caught my eye - mabo tofu curry rice. I knew I had to have that !


And it was the right choice !

My granny on the other hand, went for the beef stew curry rice which was quite pleasant as well. Thumbs up to the cocoichibanya in Taiwan !

After shopping for about 2 hours, we had a cheeky dessert. I managed to find the stall with the awesome mango milk ice.



One word - FANTABULOUS.

So today's shopping spree turned out to be rather fruitful. I managed to get pretty much everything I wanted and my granny managed to get herself 2 pairs of shoes ! Just for your information, my granny has really tiny feet which makes it almost impossible to find shoes her size. So when we managed to find 2 pairs, we were over the moon !

We headed back to the hotel after shopping so that my granny could rest before we went out again. I then went down by myself in search of the souvenir shop. I walked virtually almost alley at Ximending and just as I was about to give up, I finally found it. I then bought a few boxes of pineapple cake, some mochi and some candy.

I quickly rushed back to the hotel and then freshened up before taking my granny to Danshui. I love it there, but it's actually right at the end of the red line. It takes close to an hour of travelling time by train. But it was worth it. I have been there twice before, but never in the night, so it was quite a nice change.

We didn't have dinner as I told my granny that there was a lot of junk food we could have that would end up filling us up. And it really did !

Here are some pictures at Danshui.





I had such a good stroll with my granny !

So anyways, I remember the first time that I went there, there was a mini night market at some random street that sold oyster omelette which is seriously the best I've eaten in my life and I really wanted my granny to try it. But I couldn't recall where, and she was already tired. So that was a no go. What a pity !

As it was our last night in Taipei, we decided to have the mee sua for one last time. We doggie-bagged it back to the hotel.


How I wish we could prolong our stay.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.