Taiwan 2013 - Day 2.

August 06, 2013


So I had planned to have an early start to the day, but guess what ? I woke up at about 11am, despite having set 3 different timings. I must have subconsciously switched them all of. Here's the best part - when I asked my grand-mother why she didn't wake me up, she told me we were on holiday. Hahahaha, she's lovely.

Anyways, yesterday when we checked-in, they mentioned that they'd deliver a McDonald's breakfast to our room at 8am, but we didn't get any. It was only when we were heading out, that we realised that it was left on our doorstep. Talk about miscoms ey ?

We headed out at about noon today. We had to fill our tummy's before our long day. I remember my first trip to Taiwan that I dined at this restaurant called tamagoya which I quite liked, and that's where we had our lunch.

I had a browse through and I couldn't decide what I wanted to have. I ended up ordering an eggs benedict burger set and I regretted my decision. Oh wells.


My grand-mother on the other hand had vongole spaghetti, and that was solid.


After we were done, we took the train to Shilin station as I had planned to take my her to the National palace museum. I actually wrote down all the buses that went toward that direction, but I thought it'd be easier to take a taxi instead. Luckily we did as the bus stopped right outside the museum, which meant that we would of have to climb all the way up. The taxi dropped us right at the entrance on top. Phew.

We took our own sweet time admiring the pieces as our holiday was our own time own target. You should have seen the tour groups in there. They were in and out of the various rooms in less than 5 minutes. What a shame.

Here are some of the pictures taken at the museum.









After we were done, we decided to take a taxi back straight to the hotel, seeing as it wasn't expensive at all. I brought my grand-mother back to the hotel to rest, and I went out for a cheeky shopping session by myself.

We were supposed to visit Sun yat sen memorial hall before heading to Taipei 101, but we decided to give it a miss instead.

I had actually planned to take my grand-mother to Taipei main station to have some beef noodles, but we headed out at about 7pm and it was the peak period. We ended up giving it a miss and we had a quick bowl of the mee sua near our hotel before heading to Taipei 101.

We took a train down to Taipei city hall and even though I had a list of the bus numbers that would of taken us there, I decided to take a taxi instead. I thought it was easier for my grand-mother. And honestly, taking taxis there is honestly cheap.

So anyways, here are some photos that were taken at Taipei 101 - and not to mention that we had some mango ice up there as well.






And we even bought a photograph - Unlike most tourist attractions in Singapore that costs about $50, this only cost us about $20 !


And before I head to bed, I have my daily calcium intake.


Now this is what I call milk !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.