Cupcakes.

July 10, 2013
It was cupcake day at work today, thanks to Lynette !


Pauline made me walk all the way to Arab street in the scorching hot sun just to buy swiss rolls. They are delicious, there's no doubt about that, but I was melting !

So today was papa time of the week. As usual, he'd come and meet me at my work place, and whilst smoking, we'd discuss where to eat. We decided to go take a look at the menu at Tsubohachi. It was pretty pricey, but it would of been worth it if the food was any good. Unfortunately, the branch that they have opened here, is purely surviving on name. The food standard is nothing compared to the Tsubohachi in Japan.

We had a saba shio to share, and it was so dry and not to mention, burnt ! The proper saba shio should be oily, so that was a fail.com right there.


As for my main, I had a hard time deciding between noodles or rice and choose rice in the end. I had the chirashi-don, which I didn't really rate either.


My dad on the other hand was being greedy and had a zaru soba and a ten don. The tsuyu for the soba was slightly better than the one at yayoiken, so I'm sure you can imagine the standard. As for the ten don, it was just so-so.



Probably won't be dining there again anytime soon.

We had our usual coffee session after dinner. And guess what ? I received the new $1 coin after paying for coffee !


I don't know why I'm getting so excited when this will probably replace the old ones soon enough.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.