Taiwan 2012 - Day 4.

November 05, 2012
Sadly, today was my last day in Taiwan.

Why does time always pass so quickly when you're having an awesome time ?

We all got up at about 1pm. They had a drinking session till late you see. Whilst waiting for everyone to get ready, I went out for a smoke in the balcony, and this is what I woke up to.


Vivi asked me what I wanted to have for lunch and I told her I really wanted to try Taiwan's lu rou fan. She then brought us to the famous lu rou fan near her place. She spoils me so much. The first time I tried lu rou fan was at down town east and I fell in love with it almost immediately. The fact that it was the most fattening food I could add to my diet, didn't bother me. It was just that good. But you know how they say when they bring over a dish from another country, it somehow changes. And that is so true. The lu rou fan I had today was just so different. 2 thumbs up ! Vivi also ordered some other dishes for us to share. The fishball was huge and it had meat inside it. That was some good stuff as well ! Man, I'm so in love with the food here in Taiwan.



We headed for Ximending after lunch. On our way there, I randomly saw a scooter who had a pillion as well as a dog on the front ! How cute is that ?


We got to Ximending and shopped for about 2 hours. Whilst waiting for Vivi, I came across this pushcart which sold what looked like prata. I just had to try it and I'm glad I did. It was delish.


Next stop was zhong xiao fu xing. It's a place where they had both local brands and branded stuff. This was the place I came to previously to buy my Porter bags. We did go in, but I didn't have high hopes and the staff from the other branch mentioned that all the Porter stores were carrying to same items. But guess what ? This branch had a limited edition corner. They had very few designs for the limited edition, but somehow, 2 caught my eye. One was a sling bag, whilst the other was a girlish handbag. I honestly couldn't make up my mind. I really wanted both equally as much, but I didn't want to waste money. So after much consideration, I went for the sling bag instead as I found that more unique. And guess what ? The bags only came in either black or maroon, and they only produced 3 for each model. Oh em gee ! Talk about exclusive ! LIKE !

After we were done, we had an early dinner. Mia, Vivi's friend, also joined us for dinner. They brought us to a dim sum place nearby. Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling so good by then, so I didn't have much to eat. But I can tell you that the dim sum was great. And the porridge they had there was grade A ! It was so creamy !

And our final destination in Taipei was shida. It was another night market. It wasn't as big as shilin or the other bigger night markets, but it was the best, shopping wise. I bought quite a few bits and pieces as well. So I can safely say that I've completed my shopping task.

Check out my loot.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.