Taiwan 2012 - Day 2.

November 03, 2012


I was forced to wake up at 9am this morning because of the complimentary breakfast that came with the room.

The breakfast was downstairs at the entrance of the hotel. It was literally a room, with 4 huge tables that could seat about 10 people. As for breakfast, they had plain porridge and they had a variety of dishes to go with the porridge, along with the normal toast, scrambled eggs and so on. It was quite pleasant.

After I finished, I rushed back upstairs to pack as I had to check out by 11am. So I checked out and left my bags there till the evening.

I had about 8 hours to burn before Vivi came to get me. I decided to just stay around Ximending. I was very determined to do some serious shopping. I started off with the bigger lanes. My eyes were being really naughty. I saw at least 5 pairs of shoes I wanted in a single shop. But I was very good, I didn't buy any till later. I decided to walk away and think which ones I really wanted. I then walked onto the outer road and somehow ended up in the same shop I bought my dress from a year ago. Sadly, they were all long sleeved because winter was approaching. But still, I ended up buying 4 dresses.

So this is why I love Taiwan.


The milk tea there is to die for. I wish they had it in Singapore. I'd drink it religiously every single day !



I was still feeling pretty full from the heavy breakfast that I had earlier, so I skipped lunch. I couldn't resist the temptation of the bao though. I love my bao.


I walked and I walked and I walked, until I came into a lane filled with nothing but food and then something caught my eye. It was the dessert shop. Oh em gee. Their mango milk ice shavings is to die for, like seriously.


After I was done, I continued walking and ended up in some back lane. I managed to locate the toilet themed restaurant. I've always wanted to dine there, just once. I did contemplate on going upstairs to have a look, but that meant more eating and it was a really awkward timing. Besides, I was going to have dinner with Vivi, so I just took a photo at the entrance instead.


I also managed to capture what I thought was a really nice photo of the sky.


So as the time drew nearer to 8pm, I rushed back to the shops so that I could buy my shoes. But I did a very stupid thing. I only checked to see if the shops had the shoes I wanted, but we didn't ask if they had my size. How stupid. To my horror, pretty much every shop that had the same shoes that I wanted didn't have my size. I literally had to run from shop to shop asking. I was just about ready to give up when on the way back to the hotel, the last shoe shop had them.

I made it back to the hotel in time and collected my bags. Vivi came to get me shortly after. I waited 2 long months to see her, so I was really excited to see her.

She asked me what I wanted to have for dinner, and I told her that I was fine with anything. So she had a mini think and we ended up at this really posh place. When we stepped it, we were told that dinner was over and that they were only serving beverages. Bear in mind that this was at 830pm. So off we went to a mall and we had pasta. The servings there were huge ! Like one pasta could feed at least 4 people. I'm not even kidding. But they food was awesome !





After our scrumptious dinner , Vivi brought me to experience their night life. She brought me to a famous club called room 18. It was still relatively early when we went in, so there wasn't much of a crowd. I was in love with the decor in the club. It was mad gorgeous, all them lighting and furniture. There was 2 rooms. One that played hiphop / r&b music and the other was house music.


We headed back to taoyuan, where she lives, which was about an hour's drive from Taipei. She then brought me to her favorite chill out park bar which she frequents.

So we're now just chilling out here with her friends.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.