Built in ovens.

December 10, 2012
My grand-mother has been pestering me these past few days to bring her to have a look at built-in ovens. So finally, today we went.

I did check online for places which sold built in ovens, but the brand, Ariston, which my mother had recommended, wasn't available in any of the electronic shops. She however managed to track down the name of the company who carries it and off we went to great world city.

I had actually planned to take a train and a bus, but by the time I left work, it was almost 630pm, which was the time I was supposed to be at great world city, so I ended up cabbing. When I got there, my grand-mother decides to play hide and seek with me. We finally managed to find each other after about 15 minutes and we went to have dinner. We had dinner at ebi boshi shotengai because she knows how much I dig my Japanese food. After flipping through the menu, I decided that I would have chirashi don, and my grand-mother had a bowl of mini ramen.



And then something hilarious happened. This waiter randomly started chatting me up, whilst my grand-mother was just sat opposite me. He then gave me some ice-cream. Can things get anymore random ? But thank you random guy for the ice-cream treat.


So after dinner, we went upstairs. My grand-mother had a good look at the ovens. As I have no knowledge of ovens, I had my mum call me and she and the salesgirl spoke over the phone. She was trying to explain to my mother what the differences in the ovens were. So at first, my grand-mother had chosen a pretty simple oven with no time display. I then pointed to her the one that I liked and she carefully inspected it. Upon hearing the cost of the oven, both our jaws dropped to the ground. But guess what ? Eventually, we bought that one. So now, we are proud owners of an Ariston oven !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.