Passed with flying colors.

May 10, 2012


Whoa, what a day ! I shall start from last night. I tried to sleep as early as possible so that I would have full concentration for today, but that failed miserably. I kept tossing and turning all night and then suddenly it was dawn. My heart was still thumping like a techno song and it continued throughout my shower and preparation. I was so nervous that I couldn't even speak properly.

Finally got my ass down to BBDC and I was so not looking forward to my test. I had to wait in the waiting room for my warm up session. Shortly after, I was called. I had to drag my feet to the car. Set off after adjusting everything. He was explaining the procedure for later on to me, but only bits and pieces of it got into my head. We went around the circuit and then onto a random test route. The circuit portion was fine during the warm up, but when we drove outside, I think I made a boo boo at the traffic light. I panicked but the instructor told me, what happens now will not happen later. And his words were so true.

We got back at about 2pm and my test wasn't due till 245pm. The waiting time was killing me. I couldn't sit still. I just wanted the test to be over and done with. Then whilst waiting, I remembered that during the weekend, I bumped into John who was promoting a brain juice drink who then gave me a bottle which I had saved. It was my little miracle bottle.


So finally, the dreaded time came. One by one, names were being called. I saw them all stare at the map when they were told which route they would be taking. When mine was called, and he told me we would be taking route 3, I just said, let's go. I don't know what I was thinking. This time, my heart was thumping like a techno song remixed. Quickly pretended to do random adjustments as I had previously done so during the warm up session. Before we drove off, he said to me "You do wrong, I will say on the spot, you do right I will also say, ok ?" and I just nodded and drove off. Less than 100m later, he tapped on the dashboard and I had to do an e-brake, but I swear I did an e-brake before he tapped on the dashboard, it was hilarious. Moving on, we went through the whole circuit. Fortunately, everything went well except for the slope. He made me go on the steep slope and I was so stupidly nervous that I stalled whilst on the slope which ended up with the car rolling back. Then came the time for route 3. I made so many boo boos that he continuously commented on my mistakes, which ended up with me thinking I was done for. I actually almost cried but managed to hold my tears in. I just thought if I started crying, whatever chances I had of passing would be 0. He even told me that the way I check my blind spot would leave me with a sprained neck. That I actually found hilarious, but obviously not when I was in the car with him.

When we were done, we went back to the holding room. I was shaking in fear. That's how badly I wanted to pass. He came back into the room after about 5 minutes. He walked in saying "you know ah, your driving is ok la, can la, can pass". But the paper was facing him and somehow his words didn't register in my head, so when I looked at the points, I actually thought it had "21 points" written on it and I was majorly upset. But then he said congratulations and then handed me the piece of paper. I quickly thanked him and ran out. And then the timing was just right, I bumped into my lao shi. By then, all my tears just flowed out whilst telling him I passed. I had this self inflicted stress of not wanting to disappoint him as he took me from the start till the end and I'm really glad that I managed to do him proud. He then walked me to the room downstairs. As I was walking into the video room, all eyes were on me. They must have thought I was crazy as I was crying, but what a relief. It was finally over ! I passed with 12 points. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.