Taiwan 2011 - Day 5.

April 01, 2011


With day 5 being my last full day in Taipei, I was just left with 2 places that I had wanted to visit - Chiang kai shek memorial hall and the minature museum.

But before I left Ximending, I decided to take a look at the red house.






And have lunch as well.




Chiang kai shek memorial hall.






I was really lucky as I managed to catch their changing of shift. It was an enjoyable experience. If you are interested, they change their shift every hour and it lasts for about 7 minutes.




After I was done at the memorial hall, I took the metro to 景安. In the train station, there were signs pointing to the miniature museum but as soon as I got onto the escalator, it was taped up and I thought they had close done. Seeing as I was already there, I decided to ask a few people along the way for directions to the museum. It didn't help that everyone was pointing me into different directions either. But you know what ? I got there in the end and yes, they are still open for business.




I took my time and really inspected each piece carefully. It was amazing. I really enjoyed it here. I probably spent 2 hours in there.

So when I was done, I tried walking back to the train station and unfortunately, I got lost. After walking for ages, I decided to approach someone for directions and it was when I realized that I had walked 2 stops away.

I was hungry by then and just settled for the first thing I saw - Pucci. You can find this at nearly every train station in Taipei.


With this being my last night, this can only mean one thing. I have to start packing.

But first, my loot.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.