Paris 2011 - Day 2.

April 30, 2011
Day 2 was such a long day. Left the hotel at 9am and went to this mini cafe that I swear turns into a pub in the night. But anyways, mum paid a ridiculous amount for our breakfast that included 1 slice of bread each with just plain butter, a cup of hot drink and a glass of orange juice. We then headed to Opéra where there was a bus stop for this special bus that my mum had bought tickets for. This bus loops around the most famous landmarks in Paris. It's a pretty good way to make sure you get to see alot of the famous places in Paris if you don't have much time. Also, this is also a good idea for only getting down at the places you're interested in. And it's super convenient. Buses comes and goes every 15 minutes.


After looping round once, we got off at Notre dame cathedral. It was packed both inside and outside. It was difficult to get a picture for my granny without anyone being inside the picture as well. This was the best I could get.



Whilst queuing to enter the Cathedral, there was all this posters every where saying no photography allowed. So as disappointed as I was, I kept my camera in its casing and put it away. But the minute we entered, 9/10 people had a camera in their hands and were clicking away. So guess what ? I followed like a little sheep. The interior was amazing, and what amazed me more were the stained glass windows. They were absolutely gorgeous. Pardon me for the lousy camera skills. I had to zoom in, and the minute I did, every little movement made the photo come out blurred.




After touring the Cathedral we decided that we'd go back to Paris's own "Orchard Road", that's what we named it to make it easier to tell my grand-mother where we were going. By that time, we were all starving. We walked around that place and couldn't find any place to eat. Then across the road from Galeries Lafayette food hall. Wow, that was a food hall and a half. My jaws dropped when we walked in. They sold literally everything ( food wise of course ). So anyways, we had our lunch and then walked around the super market for a while and then headed back to the hotel for some rest. Got back at half past 4 and then left the hotel at half past 5 as we had to get to Opéra where this night tour bus was located. There was 3 buses there, each a different tour place. Finally got on our bus and off the the Eiffel tower we went. Whilst on the bus, she was explaining what was in store for us. She amazed me. She said it in English, French, Spanish, Russian and German. How awesome is that ? So anyways, my granny wanted a picture with the Eiffel tower and this was the best I could come out with.


The last time I was in Paris for ESWC with the crew and we didn't get a chance to go up the Eiffel tower. The queue was horrendous so we just ended up cotching below the Eiffel tower. This time was different. The tour included a ticket without having to queue up. Well, technically we still queued up, but only for the security to check for weapons and what not.


The view was absolutely amazing, except it was a little hazy, but still gorgeous.





After we were done, we took a slow walk to the boat as we had to meet there at 745pm. Boat started its 1 hour journey at 8pm. Was enjoying the first 10 minutes of the boat ride. Then a short while after, I felt really ill as though I was going to throw up on the spot. So for the remaining time of the boat ride, I just sat down with my eyes half closed. I don't even understand how someone could get sea sick on the boat ride down a river. Sighface. Well, this are some of the pictures I managed to take before I felt sick.







After we got off the boat, my mum asked if I wanted to go back to the hotel to rest, but I didn't want to ruin her and my granny's night. So I said no it's okay, because we still had a bus ride to see all the night lights, which of course I ended up sleeping through the whole journey. I was really upset that I missed the whole bus ride. Stupid river sickness. By the time we got back to the hotel, it was already 11pm. We hadn't had anything to eat since lunch, so my mum and I took a walk to see if there was anything we could get. We saw this restaurant that was still fully packed and walked in, ordered a pizza and went back. The pizza was delicious.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.