Corona hits home.

June 23, 2022
Nowadays, testing positive for corona virus seems to be the norm. 


But of course, I’m sure everyone still prays really hard that it doesn’t hit home.

Well, today my worst nightmare came true as my mum tested positive. Honestly, my heart sank when she announced the news.

So, this is how the story goes. 

On Sunday, she had a durian party with her friends. The next day, she felt like she was developing a cough, but that was about it. Then she felt like having some mangoes and of course she felt like her throat was sore the next day and just thought she was too heaty from all them durians and mangoes. And truth be told, I thought so too, as my boyf and I recently developed a cough and sore throat from having too much bbq prawns, during which time we were extremely paranoid, thinking that we had contracted corona virus and tested ourselves everyday. But yeah, it was basically just one too many bbq prawns. 

So anyways, on yesterday morning, my mum tested herself and it came out negative. We proceeded to have lunch together and she ate out of my bowl. I slept beside her as I would do sometimes. Because she was negative, we just proceeded with life as normal. But to our horror, she tested positive today. Also, we have been watching Korean dramas together in the living room everyday as well. With me in the middle and my other at one end and my granny at the other.

Well, as my mother begins her isolating process, I shall do the same. 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.