Batam weekend, part 1.

March 14, 2020



Believe me when I say that this was an impromptu trip.

But hey, it sure was fun !

So here's how my day went.

I was dreading the ferry ride, but I had some sea-sick pills that I purchased for the cruise we went on previously and that definitely helped. I've never been on such choppy waters in my entire life. We were literally bouncing up and down. Thank God for sea-sick pills.


So, in less than an hour, we arrived at Batam.

With covid going on right now, everyone had to fill in the medical declaration form and then had to be scanned before being allowed into immigration. Remember guys, always have a pen with you. It comes in handy.

Within 15 minutes, we were out of immigration and we met up with our hotel shuttle. It was about a 10 minute drive away.

The place where we're staying for the next 2 nights ? Raddison hotel. Well, they have a golf course. The idea was that the guys would go play golf and the girls could go have a girly day out.

We had lunch at 3pm, well, 4pm Singapore time. Luckily I bought 2 buns and had a curry puff on the way here. I would not have survived till now if not.






Suprisingly, my favorite was the tom yum fried rice.

After we were done with lunch, we got ourselves a shuttle bus to go to the nearby Kepri mall. When I say nearby, I literally mean nearby. We could have walked there to be honest. We didn't actually go there for shopping, instead, we all went for an hour and a half long massage. I was hoping for a longer session though, but apparently, 1h 30 mins was their longest. Oh wells.

We then called for a shuttle bus to come get us, but look what came to get us instead !


There was only enough room for all the ladies, so the boys ended up walking. In fact, they overtook us when we stopped to take photos of the magnificent orangy sky.



 For dinner, we decided that we'd go to the buffet at the hotel. We saw the signboard outside the restaurant earlier today, which was emphasizing on the seafood spread, and it did sound pretty good.

Unfortunately though, I've had better.









And here's what I had, basically, not very much.

 


I was however in love with the creme brulee though. I must say, it was one of the best ones I've tried so far. It's such a pity that they serve it in such a tiny spoon. I must have had 6 spoons. But then again, I don't think it even makes up one normal portion. Teehee.

Well, here's the Batam crew.


We then spent the rest of the night at the outdoor area chatting over drinks. Well, I don't drink and I really wanted a warm glass of milk to help me sleep, so I just tried my luck to see if they had any and they did. After I made my order, the waiter said something to me and it sounded like "we won't charge you for the warm milk" and I just relayed it on the my mum and she was like "you must have heard wrong". But guess what ? It really was free ! Teehee. 

Good night from Batam. xxx

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.