Saying goodbye.

September 05, 2018

In loving memory of Patrick Griffin.
27th March 1953 - 24th August 2018

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free
I’m following the path God laid for me,
I took his hand when I heard him call;
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
to laugh, to love, to work and play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way;
I found that place at the close of day.
If my parting has left a void,
then fill it up with remembered joy.
A friendship shared a laugh, a kiss;
Ah yes, these things, I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I savoured much;
Good friends, good time, a loved ones touch.
Perhaps my time seems all too brief;
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me,
God wanted me now,
He set me free.

I love you Uncle Pat. Thank you for being the best step-father anyone could ever ask for. ❤️

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.