Taiwan 2011 - Day 3.

March 30, 2011


I traveled quite a bit today.

I ventured out to the end of the red line. My first destination today was 新北投.


新北投 is where most of the hot spring hotels are. I was absolutely clueless when I walked out of the station. The best part ? There aren't any signs. When I finally figured out the way, I decided to go have lunch first. I saw this random noodle shop and settled for it.



Just check out the beef.

So we my tummy filled, I had to let my food digest before I could take a soak at the onsen. You know what helped ? The walking up this never ending hill.






I saw a lot of hot spring hotels whilst walking up and finally I saw one that I fancied and decided to go there. It cost me 1400nt for a room for 2 hours. I was even given a choice between a modern jacuzzi or a stone tub and I chose the stone tub.




Upon checking out, you get a complimentary coffee.


As it was still early, I thought I should visit 淡水 as it was fairly nearby. I did a whole load more of eating, which goes without saying.







So, what I really wanted to see here was the lover's bridge. I got really upset when it was no where in sight. As I was walking, I came across a stand selling ferry tickets to the lover's bridge and the tickets cost me 100nt. The ride took approximately 15 minutes and finally, I got to my lover's bridge.





I spent about 30 minutes there before taking the ferry back.

By then it was dark and I discovered this street nearby which was a whole stretch of night market. Again, I ate.



When I was done with eating, I took the metro back towards Ximending but detoured to 台北車站. I saw in my Taipei guidebook that there was a huge food court which was separated by dishes. Like I walked past one area that sold just purely Japanese curry rice which had about 5 different stalls, but of course, that wasn't the one I was heading to. I wanted the beef noodle section. I'm glad I came because it was a bowl of heaven. I apologize for the lack of photos of dinner as I was too greedy and forgot all about feeding my camera. I did however take a photo of some random mascot just outside of the food court. Teehee.


Well, seeing as I have done nothing but eat and eat and eat, I decided to take a slow stroll back to the hotel as I was only one station away from Ximending. I kind of got lost along the way, but no need to panic, I made it back to the hotel.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.