Taiwan 2011 - Day 1.

March 28, 2011
Whoa, who would have thought I would have been so lucky as to have won a $2000 travel voucher ? I honestly thought it was all a scam to begin with to be honest. But hey, it was all true and Taiwan was awesome. All I had to top up was $280 and  the rest was covered.

Got to the airport for 8am and then proceeded to checking in and I managed to get myself an aisle seat. The flight took about 4h and 45 minutes and was sleeping through the whole flight except for when it was lunch time.



So yes, my first ever visit to Taiwan.



When I arrived, I saw advertisements for cheap bus fare to different places and the one into Taipei only cost 140nt as compared to a 1000nt taxi fare which I did inquire. $6.60 compared to $47.

Bus it was. Surprisingly,  I managed to sleep through the entire bus ride which took about an hour.

Finally made it to the hotel at 530pm. I had a quick rest and headed out about an hour later.

I explored my surroundings to familiarize myself. It wouldn't be funny if I couldn't make my way back to the hotel later on in the evening now would it.




I decided to take the metro and bought myself their version of ez link as I found out that travelling would be significantly cheaper and more convenient as well. Boarded the train and headed for Shilin night market.

Now this is what I call 'food heaven'.









 I am actually certain I bought everything that I had wanted to try and when I say try, I literally mean try. I took a bite or two out of the snacks that I had bought and the rest was fed to the bin. I did finish one thing though and that was the famous mee sua.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.