Birthday, with love.

December 23, 2023

So, it has become our couple goal to surprise each other on our birthdays.



Last year, my boy took me to Gary's and we absolutely loved the food.


This year though, I, or should I say we were in for a shock. 


Well, I did casually make a remark some months ago saying that I would love to try dining in the dark when we were around the area. And of course Geraint did his research, where many of the feedback was that they had great fun. I can't say we feel the same after our experience though. 


Let me give you a thorough breakdown of our dinner.


Our booking was for 830pm and 830pm we arrived on the dot. Had to wait for a while before getting a table at the main hall, where apparently it was just a holding area, where we got to eat the one and only dish of the night, which we could see.



Pretty neat huh.


Well, after about a 45 minute wait, we finally got called to go upstairs where the main feature of the night was. And it was literally pitch black. Like, I don't even know how to explain how tiring it was to have your eyes open but not being able to see anything felt like. 


We were also made to wait quite a fair bit between courses. They did come to check on us about 5 times, but we still had to wait for what felt like an hour for our main course in the dark. But to be fair, they did give us a free glass of mocktail each as a sign of an apology.


To be honest with you, I don't really know what I ate throughout the meal. I could however identify the lamb dish the minute the sauce touched my lips. Yes, that's how much I dislike lamb/mutton! 


Oh and in the midst of all this waiting, someone fell on me full on silently, which was frankly speaking quite frightening. Got bumped into a few times as well but that was alright. But he weirdest one of all was a full rubber sole of someone's s shoe on my calves! Yikes! 


Well, by the time dessert was served, we just about had enough. We barely touched it before deciding it was time to go.


But but, I must say. There was one thing I did appreciate from this dinner, and that was the fact that we gave 100% of our attention to each other because we were made to leave our phones in the locker. 


Well, I don't think you'll be shocked when I tell you that we went to have a second dinner at some random restaurant that served almost everything at Boat quay.





But thank you bubs, for this once in a lifetime special experience! 🖤

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.