Horror movie marathon.

July 24, 2014
It was father-daughter time of the week today.

And my dad had his mind set on a horror movie marathon.

I checked and the timings weren't too bad. The first movie, cursed house was at 115pm and would of ended at 3pm. The second movie, ju on was at 320pm, which meant that we could have a smoke break in between. I don't think it could get any better than that ! And I reckon today was my lucky day ! We have watched a few movies at filmgarde but they have never sold me a senior citizen ticket for my father before. But the aunty at the counter gave me the discount today !

Normal ticket - $9.50

Senior citizen - $4

That means that I saved $11 today ! How awesome is that ?


Cursed house.


Well, I don't have much to say about this movie to be honest. It's one of those, if you have nothing better to do, then watch it kind of movie. I did jump once or twice but that was it.

Ju on 3 : The beginning of the end.


I can only say that my dad and I had high hopes for Ju on as the first one was just heart stopping scary, This was basically a repeat of all them sequels, like literally. It's always the case isn't it ? Take 'The ring' for an instance, this was a horror movie at it's best. But the following sequels were just pure bad !

Nowadays, all them horror movies are so predictable ! C'mon horror movie directors, give us something next level please !

So after the movie, we crossed over to Bugis junction to where the Havainas store was. You see, I have wanted a gold pair for the longest time now, but I just didn't get one. So I finally bought one today !

We headed over to Takashimaya for dinner. We wanted to dine at Nakajima suisan you see.


It was our first time there and it was a pleasant first time to be honest. The Chinese uncle was really nice and he took my order in Japanese. Although, their facial expression was quite hilarious when I tried to order 3 sets. They couldn't help but kept repeating the same question 3 times - "So 2 people 3 sets ?". I felt like telling them, "is it so hard to believe that my father is a greedy piggy ?".

So here are the 3 sets that we had between ourselves.




This place definitely serves freshly cooked fish with a huge variety of sets to choose from. It cost an average of $12 per set which comes with a glass of green tea. The only downside about this place is that they do not serve beer, which my dad wasn't too pleased about. But other than that, this gets my thumbs up !

Here's the address :

Nakajima Suisan Grilled Fish
Ngee Ann City
391 Orchard Road 
#B2 ( Takashimaya food hall )
Singapore 238872

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.