Marina bay sands.

October 10, 2012

I promised my grand-mother that I'd take her to marina bay sands for a night's stay in May, but I never got round to doing it. And so we finally went today. Better late than never ey ?

Before I even checked in, I was already upset. The stated time for check-ins was 3pm. We got there shortly after 3pm, but I was told that the room would not be ready for another 40 minutes or so. But I guess the key card access to the sky park made it a little better.

My granny & I were quite taken away by the spectacular view.




As it was nearing 4pm, we went down to see if our room was ready and thankfully it was. I probably would have full on raged otherwise. We were told that the check out time was 11am but earlier, I heard the person ahead of me requested for a later check out time so I thought I'd try as well. After all, we were made to wait close to an hour after the stated check-in time. Luckily we were granted that request, otherwise I would have thrown a fit.

We went up into our room which was on the 39th floor which had a really nice view. I was totally in love with the huge toilet.



After we dumped our bags, we headed straight out for the Singapore flyer. We had to rush down as our tickets had to be used before 6pm. I bought a bundle from deal.com.sg and that was the catch. It was $38 per person for tickets to the journey of dreams, Singapore flyer and admission to both the cloud forest and flower dome. Good deal if you ask me. So anyways, I have always wanted to ride on the flyer and today, it happened.









We headed back to the hotel to get a change of clothes. We had no clue what we were going to have dinner, so we just walked around. We ended up having dinner at this Chinese restaurant called YU cuisine. The decor in there was so pretty. The food there was awesome but the bill was shocking.



We went all out and had quite a few dishes. We had a platter of 3 types of meat - duck, char siu and roasted pork. We also had abalone with sea cucumber, fish that was air flown from Korea and spinach cooked with 3 types of eggs.





My grand-mother had actually invited my 2 grand-uncles and their family for dinner, but they both couldn't make it. They did however come down for coffee.

Whoa what a long day. We just got back to the room and I'm off to have a soak in the tub.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.