Dad's first time at Astons.

November 25, 2013


Met up with my father after work today as it was papa time of the week. We always walk past Astons and just comment on how we're going to dine there on a weekly basis, but we never ever do.

We finally did so today. I'm alright with Astons, it's my dad that I was worried about. He has an emperor's tongue and is really fussy with his food.

It's a little bit awkward now that they have changed the queue. What I mean is that a restaurant should be, you queue up, you get a table, have a look at the menu and then order, isn't it ? They have now changed it to - you queue, order your food, make payment and then get a table. I just don't fancy the way that works. I'd much rather get a table and slowly have a look at the menu. I'm guessing it's because a million and one people have walked off without paying.

So anyways, we started off with a serving of garlic bread. Surprisingly, their garlic bread is rather pleasant.


My dad just had to go for the most expensive thing of the menu - the salmon.


I pinched a little bit off my dad and it was shockingly quite good ! The sauce could be better though.

I on the other hand wasn't feeling that hungry and went for my usual fish dish.


The bill for tonight was rather reasonable, which included an extra side of sausage and 2 cans of beer. The salmon alone was just below $20 !

Not bad if you ask me.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.