You will be missed.

October 07, 2013
Yesterday, whilst at work, I received a text message. My cousin's name appeared on the screen and immediately, I knew what the contents were, or rather, I guessed it. He had texted me to inform my grand-mother and myself that kopo ( my grand-aunty ) had passed away.

I am of course upset, but I honestly think it's better that she's gone up to heaven. She had suffered 2 strokes and layed completely motionless on a daily basis in a nursing home. All she did was sleep throughout the day just waiting. Like when my mother came back to Singapore in the beginning of the year, we went to visit her. All 3 of us left tearing. She opened her eyes to look at us, but she couldn't respond or anything. Then we waved goodbye to her, and my mother and grand-mother walked off first. I was following behind and I don't know what made me turn, but I did, and guess what ? She had used all of her strength to wave goodbye to us. That was what made us all cry.

Rest in peace kopo.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.